[UI] What Runescape did that DO needs to do...

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by The-Rustykneecap, Jul 23, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its pretty simple really, Runescape re-opened their Old School game to a separate server. This brought back so many players.

This is exactly what Darkorbit & Bigpoint needs to do ASAP. They need to release a few separate servers in a few different languages (English, Turkish, Spanish, German, Russian) and have it just be the 2008 "Old School Darkorbit" game client. Of course you would be starting over on your account progress just like starting in another server, but I don't think that will chase people away. Being able to escape to the classic DO will bring enjoyment and fun to old and new players alike.

Not much else to say, just want to hear if people agree with what I am thinking.

The Cobalt Alchemist
    US West

2. I agree... but Runescape has a ton more people actively playing... Most of their servers are populated. If Bigpoint did this, that would vacate close to empty servers even more.. If anything I believe they should downsize. Right now is not that time to open that up right now..if the game became populated and had thousands playing on a single server set then the older version should be playable.

3. I feel like the current severs would still be played. Bigpoint will continue to upgrade the game and people will still want that. They will constantly go back to the up to date servers to play their UFE accounts, Im sure of that.

4. Most of the servers are deserted.. For example, USA East 2.. I wouldn't imagine USA East 3 is doing any better. There are too many servers in my opinion and I believe adding more at this time isn't the best thing to do right now as most of the spots in the server are vacant.

5. East 3 isn't faring any better actually. East 3 is lucky to have 200 people on in a day.

6. Funnily enough this already exists on private servers, which a decent number of players are going to. DO is already missing out on this. There are complications though. Most if not all noobs would permanently move to this new server leaving just the guys who have invested a ton in leaving just them.

7. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Do you want to give players even MORE reason to kill their own company?

8. imapoofya

imapoofya User

It's happening anyways. They don't need a reason they just do.

9. +1 old school do was the best this game has ever been, no any stupid crap like a & z or herc etc.

10. Hey, dead server players. You are LUCKY. You can cube all day and night...Oh - what time D.O. you sleep o_O

11. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

But peeps want to hunt

12. Once all the OS players hear about a legitimate OS server that is here i believe they will come to play it. How many servers do you think are on here now? If you combine the players that would come from each english speaking server, that would make that one english speaking server generally populated. But since they will all be coming from different places, it will hardly impact the server you play on. I would think at least.

13. Unless you have a FE status at the beginning you are still going to have to build your spaceship UP. Rock that egg :eek:

14. Heck, I would even pay a modest subscription fee, on top of MHH spending to bring back an old client server. I'm talking A,B,Y gates, no skylab, no RSB, no bio. The game was SOOO much more fun on the old client. While all fancy (and expensive) new stuff on the game has made Bigpoint some money, I seriously would argue that the loss of old players and lack of retaining new players is due to the extreme high cost in real $ it takes to be competitive on this new client. Free players spend years building their ships and even then, don't have the boosters, rsb, emps, etc. it takes to truly compete. Even the playing field... bring back an old client.

15. exactly bloat. nice to see someone from west here too :) thats the exact OS client that would bring back players and retain players. Darkorbit NEEDS to have an old client.

16. Note: The thread will be re-opened only if the OP requests for it.

Enjoy the game.

Closing due to inactivity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.