[UI] Why giving free RSB isn't working

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Bakjam, Jul 17, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Bakjam

Bakjam User

To my surprise, I discovered that the BL surge missions give out good rewards without being too difficult or lasting weeks to complete. Even or rather especially for beginners, the rewards are great if you compare them with what we used to get just a couple of months ago.

Unfortunately, not to my surprise, x7 ammo has made its way to DarkOrbit. Just like the enhanced LF4 (read LF5 with a disguise) and BL laser (read LF6 with a disguise) and crazy new techs made their way to DarkOrbit - absolutely wrecking the previous amount of damage possible - now we have x7 ammo.

While I think it is absolutely great that DarkOrbit finally starts to be more generous to new players, at the same time they are increasing the gap by releasing more powerful ammo. This could technically go on forever: give new players x7 ammo and create x8 ammo for UFEs, give new players x8 and create x9 for UFEs, give new players x100 and... you get the idea.

The problem is that this does not decrease the gap between new and advanced players in fact it only increases that gap, especially for players that just started to play te game. After all everyone starts out with a liberator and with x7 ammo, that liberator will be gone in the blink of an eye.

Now I get it: if you do not create something new, the more advanced players (who I think spend the most money on this game) will get bored and leave but that doesn't mean we need to give them something more powerful. I think much more can be achieved by creating competition with new game modes like Overwatch and TF2 have. Along with ship rebalancing and perhaps and entry fee for tournaments with real-life rewards.

Sadly it seems we can only wait while the implementation of x8 ammo is being discussed...

_oversoulpaul_ and Thunderheat like this.
  2. They should be done with the lasers and ammo for now, I'm sure they're already thinking of someway of twinkering with a new type of shield wouldn't be suprised to see a SG3N-B04 lol

3. Bakjam

Bakjam User

The introduction of osmium already increased maximum shield amount :(

4. great, more benefit for some type of "player" cough..