[UI] Winter Events / DarkOrbit 8th Birthday

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by [NWO]Ηεαятвяεακ_Οήέ, Aug 30, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Some ideas for the next Winter Event runs, some things that were implemented before, but improved, etc. Yes, this will be a very long post, so please, post suggestions or changes for me to pour over.

Advent Calendar - Being the 8th birthday, all numbers are related to 8
    1 - 800 UCB-100 laser ammo
    2 - 8 log disks
    3 - 80 FWX-S (Small fireworks)
    4 - 80 PLT-2026 rockets
    5 - 8 Booty Keys
    6 - 800 RSB-75 laser ammo
    7 - 8 EMP charges
    8 - 80 Extra Energy
    9 - 80 FWX-M (Medium fireworks)
    10 - 800 Uridium
    11 - 800 BDAY8 rockets (Average damage 3,500), 800 Extra Energy (please don't give us a Hades for the 3rd year in a row)
    12 - 800 Xenomit
    13 - 80 HSTRM-01 rockets
    14 - 80 PLD-8 rockets
    15 - 80,000 Credits
    16 - 8 Booty Keys
    17 - 80 PLT-3030 rockets
    18 - 8 EMP charges
    19 - 800 Uridium
    20 - 800 IC3 rockets (Freeze rockets)
    21 - 8,000 MCB-50 laser ammo
    22 - 8,000 SAB-50 laser ammo
    23 - 800 Xenomit
    24 - 88 Extra Energy
    25 - 8,000 Uridium
    26 - 80 ACM-01 mines
    27 - 80 SAR-02 rockets
    28 - 8 DDM-01 mines
    29 - 800 WIZ-X rockets
    30 - 8 EMP charges
    31 - 800 RSB-75 laser ammo

Achievements: Yes, we all love our titles, so let's put some more in there
    Ice Pick* - Froze 30 players dead in their tracks (Use IC3 rockets against players 0/30)
    Crystal Dust* - Turned 5 players in Kristallin (Use WIZ-X rockets on players)
    Warship* - Open all doors on the advent calendar
    Cold Hearted* - Destroy 100 Icy
    Mayday, Mayday!* - Collide with 20 Icebergs and survive

All 5 are titles

Icebergs:

April 10th, 2012 - We all remembered the Titanic event 100th anniversary by removing Yamato, Defcom, and Nostromo, and adding in Aegis, Citadel, and Spearhead. The popup cited that the Yamato, Defcom, and Nostromo were too weak to sustain icebergs and that these new ships were compliant of them and could withstand the hits.

Let's implement these icebergs. Chunks of ice scattered throughout orbit as we come into the coldest season.

ICBG-01 - available for purchase, scattered around the maps by spawn

Suggested price - 50 U. each
    Effect - Ships are frozen in place for 3 seconds, 20% damage
    This mine will combine the DCR-250 and ACM-01 into one little ball of ice.

These mines will be scattered around for unsuspecting players to collide with, and will be placed in shop for those who want to use them.*

*Yes, your pilot bio will affect the damage and radius of these

Let's move on, shall we?

It's orbit, it's the seasonal tide where temperatures drop exceedingly it seems, so let's beef it up a little.

EVENTS:
    Events every day, let's stop slacking and give us some more stuff to do rather than get the advent, box for 2 days, and log out until the next year.

Boxes - event boxes to be released. Contents: 2 extra energy, PLT-2026 rockets, ECO-10 rockets, SAR-02 rockets, UBR-100 rockets, credits, Uridium, Xenomit, P.E.T. fuel, WIZ-X rockets, chance of Apis/Zeus drone, chance of Kronos part

**There will be more, I have to go to work, I will add a full 31 quest line when I get home**

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  2. It would be very nice to add some of them or if not similar things to it. For the "Crystal Dust" title should be "Transform 20 players using WIZ-X rocket" but low chances that it would be added , they should add WIZ-X rocket in event boxes too.
    +1

3. 100 Ice rockets? Lol what happened to the 8 theme.

4. Edited while I was on break. I'll post the quest line in a few hours

5. Stactix

Stactix User

Id like to see perhaps a winter gate? of some sort.

Perhaps special npcs, that appear on all company maps.
    Mini Npc - x1 ammo does twice as much damage. Special event ammo does x6 damage against this npc.
    Reward - creds xp, uri honour - event ammo.

{This npc will be farmable for event ammo)

medium npc - Can only be hit with event ammo x8 against this npc & x3 ammo which does x5 damage against this npc.
    Rewards - Chance to get a part for the winter gate. (requires 10-15 parts)
    decent ammo of uri - Exp-Creds & 1 log disk. Killing one of these ships gives the chance to spawn a boss ship at the location you killed the npc. This is shown to all fellow company members but not enemy company members.

Boss npc - shouldn't be able to be soloed should require quite a few hitters ( similar to seafights boss npcs). , Rewards split on damage done. Will drop a cargo which has a random chance to give rewards.
    I.e more common rewards - Uri, Event ammo - Winter gate parts, log disks.

Rarer chance - full winter gate, lf4, drone design. NPCs ship skin.

This past event was interesting but it was a tad bland. Boxing is good & rewarding but dull.
    Event quests were a bit tedious at times collecting prom/ terbium?

That was it.. needed a few npcs etc to make things a bit more interesting.

6. Note: The thread will be re-opened only if the OP requests for it.

Enjoy the game.

Closing due to inactivity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.