[UI] You're Not Alone in Space

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Sociopath, Sep 26, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sociopath

Sociopath User

Crew is a new facet of the game to improve your ship. There are many different types of people that want to fly in outer space, and so there are many pilots, engineers, and members who provide various bonuses, for a price-and the better the bonus, the more expensive the price. There will be a new tab among Ship, Drones and P.E.T in the hangar.
    Crew can be purchased in the shop, found stranded inside pirate booty, or in the remains of a destroyed ship.

The intended population that can fit on any ship is 2 for Pheonix, 3 for Bigboy and lower, 5 for Goliath, Vengeance, Spearhead and Aegis, and 6 for the Citadel.

In order for crew to survive the depths of space, a Life Support CPU must be equipped on the ship. 20,000,000 credits will buy LFS-01, which supports a maximum number of half the ship's full capacity (rounding up). LFS-02, for 100,000 Uridium, allows for the full number. LFS-03, which can only be found from Pirate Booty (the same rarity as an LF-4) will allow for the full crew and will not experience data degredation upon death. I imagine there would be some type of "Occupation Day" where employees are on sale and found more often in cargo and booty boxes.

Every time your ship dies and respawns, your crew will respawn with you, because their genetic makeup is saved in the ship's datacore. However, this process is imperfect, and every respawn will cause them to experience data degredation of 1%. The crew will be fine until there is 100% degredation, and they will die permanently. The use of a repair credit will combat this.

ADVANCED MECHANICS

Every time you pick up a ship's cargo there is a 1% chance (separate for each of its crew) that the crew will not die until the cargo disperses, and so they can be retrieved safely. They will convert to your ship for a small price of 5,000 Uridium. If your ship is full they will immediately be stored in cryostasis. The maximum occupancy of cryostasis is the same as the ship's. If cryostasis is full, you will not recieve the crew. This does not cause loss of an employee to the destroyed ship, a genetic copy will take their place, as happens normally.

If your ship does not die for an extended period of time (24+ hours of gameplay), the crew will have a built-up memory and be able to do things better. This bonus is lost upon death, but for every hour after 24, they will gain a .1% bonus to their assigned task, to a maximum of 5%. This stacks multiplicatively, example, an old laser phycisist who boosts damage by 3% will now boost by 3.15%.

CREW EMPLOYMENT

There are different types of people with different education. Some are pilots or hull engineering professionals, which increase the speed and hitpoints respectively by whatever bonus the person gives. There are also Commanders, who do nothing on their own but increase everyone elses' bonus. These bonuses stack additively. (So in the Citadel, you could have 5 Commanders and 1 Pilot, so the pilot has a 250% bonus, or 1 Commander and 5 Pilots, or any combination thereof.) Shield mechanics, laser physicists, merchants, cooldown engineers, and bomb technicians are also different fields.

CREW PRICE LIST (Bonuses Stack Additively)

Commanders
    +30% Bonus Increase, 100,000,000 Credits.
    +40% Bonus Increase, 100,000 Uridium.
    +50% Bonus Increase, Pirate Booty (More rare than finding others)

Pilots
    +2% Speed, 10,000,000 Credits.
    +3% Speed, 10,000 Uridium.
    +4% Speed, Pirate Booty.

Hull Engineers
    +2% Hitpoints, 10,000,000 Credits.
    +3% Hitpoints, 10,000 Uridium.
    +4% Hitpoints, Pirate Booty.

Shield Mechanics
    +2% Shields, 10,000,000 Credits.
    +3% Shields, 10,000 Uridium.
    +4% Shields, Pirate Booty.

Laser Physicists
    +1% Laser Damage, 10,000,000 Credits.
    +2% Laser Damage, 10,000 Uridium.
    +3% Laser Damage, Pirate Booty.

Merchants
    +2% Cargo & Sell Price, 10,000,000 Credits.
    +3% Cargo & Sell Price, 10,000 Uridium.
    +4% Cargo & Sell Price, Pirate Booty.
    -have a side effect of getting 1% more rewards from bonus boxes per merchant, commanders affect this (so 4 merch + 1 comm = 6% bonus box increase)

Cooldown Engineers
    -2% Cooldown Duration, 10,000,000 Credits.
    -3% Cooldown Duration, 10,000 Uridium.
    -4% Cooldown Duration, Pirate Booty.

Bomb Technicians
    +2% Bomb & All Rocket Damage, 10,000,000 Credits.
    +3% Bomb & All Rocket Damage, 10,000 Uridium.
    +4% Bomb & All Rocket Damage, Pirate Booty.
    -when your ship triggers a bomb it has 2/3/4% less effect (does nothing for EMP mines), commanders affect this

EFFECT EXAMPLES
    Pilots using the 4%ers
    5 Pilots = 20% Speed Increase
    4 Pilots 1 Comm = 24% Speed Increase (16%(1.5))
    3:2 = 24% (12%(2))
    2:3 = 20% (8(2.5))
    1:4 = 12% (4(3))

Substitute Speed for X increase and you have most of the other employee's bonuses.
    Laser Physicists using the 3%ers

5 Physicists = 15% Laser Damage Increase
    4:1 = 18%
    3:2 = 18%
    2:3 = 15%
    1:4 = 9%

P.E.T. 10 ENGINEERS

The pet has space for a single person; it shares life support with your ship. This could be a Hull Engineer, Shield Mechanic, Merchant, Cooldown Engineer, or Laser Physicist; it only affects the pet.

UNIFORM

Uniforms are basically crew designs. You actually can't see these in game, so this can add some element of tactics.

RED - adds 5% laser damage to the ship
    BLACK - adds 10% rocket damage
    WHITE - you recieve 10% more experience
    PURPLE - 10% more honor
    BLUE - 10% more shields
    GREEN - adds 5% speed

2. SauronL

SauronL User

that would be insane lol

3. Ashlynne26

Ashlynne26 User

The idea itself is phenomenal, but the implementation into the game would be a complex and tedious series of tasks. Bugs often arise in new game features, and this would add more than the average update to the world of DO. I do approve of the idea, but I feel it needs to be added into the game through one step at a time in order to eliminate bugs and crashes for players.

All in all, A+ from me. I would love to see this added to my boring Dark Orbit life. :)

Username: ♥Ashlynne♥
    User ID: 164061167
    Server: USA east coast 3

4. Bakjam

Bakjam User

I Agree wit Ashly, the idea sounds great and you really looked into details and stuff. But I fear that something like this would just make it all to complicated. Especially for new players I fear the game is already to complicated because there are so many things you need to know. I also feel like this system will boost UFE players massively, while new players don´t get much of a boost. Even though I admire your´re efforts for this idea, I still have to say -1

5. this is a really great idea but it would but it would bring a lot of problems with it, such as bugs, crashes etc. also ufe people would be wy overpowered. they can already hit 450k combos, and with this it would spell ruin for all noobs. good idea but don't think it will work the way you see it

6. Sociopath

Sociopath User

There will never be an update to DarkOrbit that does not help the UFEs. This is inevitable, so stop trying to fight it. I priced these crew members very specifically; 10,000 Uridium is not very much to make. This is nichely fit as something for players to do after they achieve FE status, and something interesting when they are sub-fe and they find a crew member in some cargo.

Vegas™ likes this.
  7. Devy

Devy User

Awesome idea, really! (World of Tanks inspiration, or I am wrong? :p)

Back on topic, I would like to see this implemented. As much it will help UFE's, that much will help non-UFE players for sure. Everyone can benefit from this thing (if it ever gets implemented).

+1

Vegas™ and chixonator like this.
  8. As if you can't get an insane amount of Shield and Damage already.

Sorry, -1 from me.

SauronL likes this.
  9. jackknife

jackknife User

Great idea , the stats i'm not sure of but it would bring a new dimension to a static game

chixonator likes this.
  10. chixonator

chixonator User

always gotta ruin the fun ;\ i want to be invincible

11. ~Dr.Agony~

~Dr.Agony~ User

I do like this idea. It would add a very interesting mechanic to the game. But I wonder if something like this is really necessary because of how strong players can get now these days. Also, the idea of finding some random highly skilled person trapped inside a pirate booty box seems a little bit silly to me, to be honest. So, though the idea is interesting, I would have to give this idea a -1 from me.

12. Dogcat

Dogcat User

it would have to replace the pilot bio. but i like being a space fighter bounty hunter...

13. I think this would be a good idea, once DO sort out the Havoc's, Herc's and LF-4's an make them easily available for everyone
    then you can have an idea like this put in the game. Until then I'll have to say no. :cool: idea It's similar to one I dreamed up some
    years ago. I quit working on it because it didn't fit in with DO's vision of the game, too much damage would be involved.

14. Vegas™

Vegas™ User

You have put a lot of time and thinking into this idea and I think its great :D , of course it would make the ufe players even stronger but it will add a lot more complexity to the game. Some things like the pilots giving speed boosts wouldnt work to well as you'll have pusats with 700+ speed flying around lol and theres other things that need to changed slightly so it works well in the game but I love the idea and I do hope sometime in the future darkorbit could add something like this :) +1 from me

15. i dont know if i like that or not... however im nearly ufe and that would allow people my size and up to actually get a use from booty boxes again... that would make it interesting... but maybe not increase laser dmg.. i dont think that would be the best way cas for free players they have it too hard as it is now to build... i think damage shouldnt get affected however shield engine speed cooldown crew is a nice idea.

^^ like he said 450k combo.. i think that is already to much.. but i strongly think that the dmg factor shouldnt be boosted

Last edited by moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  16. Note: The thread will be re-opened only if the OP requests for it.

Enjoy the game.

Closing due to inactivity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.