[UIP] Rework the skill tree

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by κγβε®, Oct 16, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. κγβε®

κγβε® User

I think the skill tree needs a rework but in the meantime we could have some changes.
    Here is my idea:
    • Fixed cost to reset skill tree.
    • Being able to refund skill points, with a cost.
    • Confirmation request to allocate skill points.
    • Optional: remove the cost to allocate skill points.
    There should be a point, in terms of currency/resources spent, where it's more convenient to reset skills than refunding single points in sequence.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    AVIT likes this.
  2. Maddust

Maddust User

sometimes developers are stubborn. so sadly I think they will do nothing about this.

3. I wish they'd get rid of the reset nonsense altogether and just open it up so you can have all 95 research points.

I have no idea how much the increasing cost is to keep resetting the points as I never do it and refuse to do it, however I am aware that some players are paying millions of uri resetting their bio. :eek:

It would seem that players that bot who have stolen tens of millions of uri and continue to steal tens of millions of uri every year can easily afford to keep resetting their bio on a regular basis. ;):rolleyes:

4. κγβε®

κγβε® User

The cost for resetting the skill tree starts with 1000 U and doubles the amount each reset. (e.g. 1000,2000,4000...,1024000 [11th reset].. etc.)

So yeah, that's one of the reasons why I proposed the idea which is basically implemented in every RPG game with a skill tree I've played, in some way or another.
    They don't need to invent the wheel.
    But we all know why they designed this horrible incremental cost system. It needs to change in my opinion.

I want to explain now why I'm asking for this change so more people understand the reasons behind this. I should have done this before but thanks for the input @°URANUS°™.

• Like you mentioned due to the high cost of resetting, some players are left with only one choice: max out the SKs (50), cause at some point it's reasonable to research 5 more SKs to get the Skill you need instead of spending millions of uri to reset for that Skill.
    • Refunding SKs would be more beneficial for players who has a mid-range amount them, but really, it works for everyone. Should you need a specific Skill for a specific event (be it PvP, PvE etc.) you can switch those 5 points without stumbling into a huge cost of uri, resourses and time.
    • Given that you are required to gain a certain amount of resourses to research SKs, I think it would be unnecessary to keep the cost to allocate them.
    Note
    I refer to "Skill" as a whole 5 points skill like it would be Bounty Hunter (I+II).
    SK = skill point

5. Stop launching the idea for this, it is absolutely unacceptable and there is no room for comments to reset the skills for free or with a minimal price. After my last post which was deleted by the moderator, there were enough arguments in it not to happen.
    If you want so badly to change your skills every day, you just pay and, as you can see, you want to change them every time, and the rest of the time you poke the NPCs on one of the map. Well, you will pay, this is when it becomes unbearable for you and in the end it is impossible to change them, you stay with them.
    And if you happen to want to change them in an hour, the topical thinking about an autobot rookie.

6. κγβε®

κγβε® User

There is a misunderstanding here. I never stated it should be free. Could you tell me what makes you think that, please?
    I already have a vague idea but it would be nice you show me the text part so I can modify it if necessary.

7. They just want to change grinding skills and PVP skills whenever they want and apparently push for the idea of doing so at minimal or no cost. Well, it won't be yours if you want to pay it, that's the situation.
    The only misunderstanding in the skill tree is that the accuracy of the rockets is simply superfluous since there is 100% accuracy with high-tech or birthday rockets.
    And in this line of thinking, the question is how does the accuracy of the missiles work after high-tech is activated and you have a module with minus accuracy ... and does it work at all? Probably NOT like most things in the game I deeply doubt.

8. VESPID

VESPID User

Im convinced that not only should the prerequisite abilities outside of the specified abilities be abolished.
    IE: In order to get blah ability you must have 3 points in both yackity and smackity type of prerequisite crap.

Also combine alien and head hunter to just Hunter.
    I like to think this may very well assist with the skill tree issues.

κγβε® likes this.
  9. κγβε®

κγβε® User

It will cease to be a skill tree that way. But it's a different path they can experiment on. I welcome that.

Keeping the mindset of a proper skill tree, some prerequisites are definetly exsessive. The tree is so small compared to other games yet it has a lot of links between nodes. I'd like to see more nodes, of different types, linked in a more ordered way. It has the potential to bo the next expantion of the game. Instead of focusing on new ships/items they could expand the skill tree. It will give more ways to play, different paths to follow on the tree. But refunding points should be an option. Just the fact some nodes may receive buffes/debuffes throughout years, it's a valid reason IMO. So, I think it will benefit having them now for the reasons I've posted before and will continue to be a useful option in future (assuming BP wont close servers down).

P.S. I've edited the first message. Confirmation request before allocating skill points.

VESPID likes this.
  10. jayherbo

jayherbo User

I want to reset my Skill Tree but it will take at least 5 months:confused: to reassign them due to waiting for Seprom:(! Life is too short, the grind too long, give us all a breako_O

11. I already had to wait 2 or 4 times when i reset my bio it sucks yeah but don't hold your breath waiting for Bp to change the game, I think they aren't doing any update on the game unless it consists of new content for them to make more money.
    They don't seem to want to work on older content. Cheers

jayherbo likes this.
  12. I don't see anything wrong with how it is now. The reset price is there to prevent you from resetting it every day for a reason. I don't think I've ever had to reset my skill tree, why would you want to reset even it in the first place? I have used 41/50 of my skill points and don't know where to put the rest since there isn't anything useful to put them anymore

R.I.P_BSGO_InFlames_ likes this.
  13. jayherbo

jayherbo User

I put too many in two slots I didn't need to, that was back in 2009, haven't reset it since, just takes too long waiting for Seprom to even think about resetting it, they should give back the Seprom used so you can instantly put the points where you want (finally) unless they give us the long awaited 55/60 points :cool:

14. I think I have reset mine twice because I put things in the wrong places. Anyone spending $1 mil for a reset clearly has either a super unsteady hand or mindset. There really is no logical reason in the long run for the need of so many resets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.