Upgrade transfer

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by VESPID, Feb 16, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. VESPID

VESPID User

The proposal I am making is for any upgraded item like an Lf-3 with upgrades to level 8 or 16 for instance be possible in the tech center to transfer the upgrade to say a newly won Lf-4.

Uri items only may transfer to uri items.
    An upgrade loss of 50% rounded down will be imposed.
    ie: level 16 anything will be dropped to level 8 something else or level 8 or 9 something will be dropped to level 5 boost to something else.

The suggested price for the upgrade transfer would be 40k Uri.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    Uneek-2 likes this.
  2. Just for the record, you never ever upgrade LF3s. Sorry you got screwed out of uridium, but with this idea, you could be careless with upgrades knowing you could just transfer. I could see some usefulness to it, but I'd say just be more careful in the meantime. Only upgrade important things.
    Also, could you upgrade a credit item(flax for instance) and then switch the level to the iris? That shouldn't be possible.

ROULOUS___HELLAS likes this.
  3. Oh I don't know those who can't get lf4s as easy as others may as well upgrade their lf3s to remain half way competitive and ya I think would be a decent idea if you could transfer some of the up grades to a lf4 when you get them like if you had a level 16 lf3 pay x amount of uri to transfer it over but lose a couple levels like a level 16 lf3 tranfered over dropped it to a level 8 lf4 least would be a start anyway. But only uri items transfer to other uri items .

Lot of players have a hard time getting lf4s so I dont see ot as a waste to upgrade lf3s

4. plaku

plaku User

I never upgrade staff that i will not use permanently, although some people do. i would recomend if you do you math with the ammount of uri u upgraded lf3 probably would have gotten u some more lf4 . never mind like i said i dont do it but people need to manage their ship better way, this is one of the reasons you guys will take some much time to have full lf4 ,bad managing.
    having said this either way its ok for me

5. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

There is no benefit whatsoever for upgrading lf3s or B01s. So it is a bad Idea, which would detract anyone upgrading lf3s from there UFE journey.

It is a very bad idea to upgrade lf3s, you only gain 9 extra basic damage so taking 150 to 159 for a cost of about 100k.

If you assume a yield of 1 in 200 booty boxes for an lf4 200 keys = 300k for 200 basic damage

Therefore 300k =3 lf3 upgrade = 187. With booty boxes giving other valuable items.

Using the gold booty box event you will also reduce the cost of apis and zeus drones.

I guess the OP has some upgraded lf3s. :rolleyes:

TheTaser(V) and Unstoppable like this.
  6. assuming 1 lf4 per 200 booty boxes isn't even in the ball park my last 1200 booty keys on gold chest day yielded no lf4s and the 850 on double chance lf4 day and no lf4 at all. so between drone upgrades and lf3 upgrades it does provide decent firepower if you have bio with it also. as far as BO1s it is only creds so wouldnt even bother upgrading those just use creds to bid on BO2s same with flax drones save creds for iris bids.

I mean I myself wouldn't upgrade lf3s but wouldn't consider it a complete waste for those who want to do it if something like this was to become available but would have to be a restriction on it like I said earlier lf3 level 16 wpuld have to go to level 8or least down a couple levels if a lf4 replaced it for x amount of uri . But either way to each their own already have 43 LF4s myself but just thinking about those who have a hard time getting them. either way a 6 percent in firepower isnt much unless added to everything else like bio havocs and ship design ect.

7. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

0n average it is about 200 keys per lf4. So if you used over 2k keys and not received a single lf4, then you have been unbelievably unlucky.

Typically you would have got 6 lf4 from the gold chests and 8 from the lf4 day.

I got my apis free, my zeus for 70k and about 7 lf4s for less than 1.5 mils worth of keys. Also got a lighting design loads of elite ammo and other good stuff.

With upgrades you do not get anything other than the tiny extra damage or shield. Using uri to upgrade lf3s or b01s is false economy.

Unstoppable likes this.
  8. The OP has this listed at 50k uri. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just raise the lf-4 to level 8 with uri rather than transferring it in this manner? I'm asking this in ignorance as I have no idea if there is a price difference between upgrading lf-3 and lf-4's, and I also don't know the cost of upgrading something from level 1 to level 8. If the costs are the same, then that level 16 lf-3 is above 100k uri, added another 50k to transfer it to your new lf-4 is above 150k. Isn't a level 8 upgrade around, or actually below 50k uri? It just feels like a uri sink.

9. VESPID

VESPID User

I like your suggestions sawyer, I'll add them to this idea.
    considering the level loss, the price will be dropped to 40K Uri.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  10. Full_force

Full_force User

Its a waste. Better to use that uri on bio or ammo or drone formations or designs or booty boxes or gates (better use extra energy for that buttt hey).

Why would anyone upgrade a lf-3 or lesser equipment?

No to this idea. Use your uri more wisely. Even though the chances are patheticly low to get a LF-4 in a booty box and the gate that gives one it is still better then wasting uri on a LF-3.

If a level 16 laser was equal to that of a non upgraded LF-4 then maybe it would be ok but it is not.

Don't think there is i know the upgrade for a B02, a LF-4 and a iris drone is all the same so i don't think there is a diffence in price.

11. VESPID

VESPID User

Let me get this straight.
    You guys actually believe that game will never come up with improved lasers, generators or possibly new upgradable items???

I believe this idea would be handy to have now.

12. Full_force

Full_force User

Never said anything about BP not putting out higher power lasers, etc.

A level 16 LF-3 is not equal to a non upgraded LF-4 so no it should not be.

13. VESPID

VESPID User

This thread addresses the idea of transferring upgrades from a one item to another,
    the restriction is uri item to uri item and the 50% upgrade loss during transfer.

14. Yes, I do believe that as Rick said so himself that they are not coming out with improved lasers or shields. What we're saying here is do not upgrade LF3s. It's a waste of your uri and sorry you took too long to realize that.

15. Tom is right , Using the cost upgrade chart in the forums I go from lvl1 to lvl16 with about 80k uri on average (using the varying %'s as I level according to the chart). ..OR AT MOST 100k uri if you're doing 100% every time.

SO to pay 40 k uri to transfer the 16 levels from a LF3 to become 8 levels on my new LF4 IS ...MORE EXPENSIVE than just leveling the damn LF4 on its own....

SO a MAJOR thumbs down....AS this idea was never even thought about properly.

Sorry you leveled your LF3...that was a BIG mistake :oops:

16. Actually... why not let this be a choice? For example... if someone is really REALLY lazy, he could just buy uridium and acquire his lf4 without collecting booty. There ya go, more money for BP, and no reason for anyone to be sad because payers would be ripped off pretty badly.

17. I say no. If you screw up and upgrade credit or shop items its your fault.

And if you think about it, this idea isn't really that beneficial.

a level 16 item costs 104,250 Uridium

So lets say that I have a level 16 lf-3 I want transferred to a LF-4...

You say it looses 50% of its upgraded value.

Based on 100% chance upgraded with no rebate/prem

level 1-3,905<----
    level 2-4,340<----
    level 3-4,775<----
    level 4-5,210<----
    level 5-5,645<----
    level 6-6,080<----
    level 7-6,515<----
    level 8-6,950 <----
    level 9-7,385 <----
    level 10-7,820 <----
    level 11-8,255 <----
    level 12-8,690 <----
    level 13-9,125 <----
    level 14-9,560 <----
    level 16-9,995 <----

The ones indicted in dark red bold are the levels of upgrade that would be removed along with the uri invested into getting them to that level.

So if we do the math that is 67,780 uri removed to make the item level 8.

You then have to get that new item back to level 16 by spending another 67,780 uridium.

Now, the uri spent getting it from level 0-8 ,marked by
    dark green bold would be 36,470.

Transferring the item upgrade costs 40k uri.

So level 16 LF-3 to a Level 16 LF-4 would cost the following.

1. Transfer- 40,000 Uridium (LF-4 is now level 8.)
    2. Upgrade the remaining 8 levels-67,780 uri
    But you have also lost alot of uri in the LF-3

1. Upgrading the LF-3 to level 16- 104,250 Uridium
    2. Transferring the upgrade- 40,000 Uridium
    3. Now you have a level 8 or level 0 LF-3
    4. Which would mean another 67,780 uridium or 104,250 Uridium to get the lf-3 back to level 16

All In all, poorly thought out idea.

Either way you loose uri...

No from me.

18. Thank you for the math Unstopabble. I quit doing it xD. Definitely a bad idea now.

19. VESPID

VESPID User

Ok so how about 25k Uri, I just used lasers as an example.

20. EVER heard the expression "Don't throw away good money after bad"......that's this idea in a nutshell lolz

This idea took one last dying *GASP* of breath with the price reduction to 25k uri..... But the idea is still in its death bed.

MUCH better idea, just help educate new players about the TRAPS Dark Orbit has in it , like upgrading non-UFE equipment.

Lets face it, the game shouldn't even let you upgrade an LF2 or LF3....
    A message should pop up , saying : "dude, seriously, go do some gate spins or open some gold booty"...

Again for those who made the mistake of upgrading LF3's that really stinks...but DONT throw good money at bad....as the saying goes .