Upgrading Cost Charts

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by =MANTICORE=, Dec 28, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Build that SkyLab my NEWB built it in 101 days (full level 20)

2. xuhu99

xuhu99 User

So are your f2p or your p2p experiences more enjoyable?

3. Working it constantly...

My P2P consist of premium only and as I just hit level 21 I just cleared a lull of nothing but uber missions. Whew....
    I am actually having more of a ball with my F2P account. Just made level 11, and found I can barely handle an icy. I should had started the month ahead and just worked the skylab before. Also, a lot of players know me for my other account and are so confused as to why I am doing this. Simply put, because I can and it allows me to see the issues that new players deal with on a regular basis. I have been popped 8 times and some of those attackers think goading me out will really work. Follow my feedback thread for anymore as we need to keep this one on topic of upgrades.

http://www.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/board/threads/who-would-have-thought.112272/#post-876577

4. xuhu99

xuhu99 User

upgrades are hard f2p.

5. You have 2 weeks to save up for UBH and then you get to save the 25% doing them. Unless I am wrong it happens next Friday the 11th.

6. xuhu99

xuhu99 User

How do you know?

7. They do it every 2 weeks on Friday @ 1900 server time. I mark my calendar and always know when it is going to happen

*GR* likes this.
  8. xuhu99

xuhu99 User

are drone formations or UBM more worth saving up for?

9. I have found the formations to be useless, the gains are outweighed by losses and unless you are a very strong multi-tasker and can switch formations along with ammo and defensive measures you just wasted your Uridium. Save for UBH and get everything (shields, drones, rocket launcher, LF-4's, I feel LF-3's to be a waste unless you want a FE ship along with a UFE) Upgraded before thinking about the formations, but if you really want them get the ones that are beneficial in the gates (need to ask others as I have given up on following them) and since the addition of the 3D formations I lost track of what was what.

10. anyone got a chart for rebate and premium please?

11. Basically just multiply the values by .7 or 70% to get your number. I always upgrade at 100% so my personal chart has just that with the premium discount or 95% of cost.

12. xuhu99

xuhu99 User

same chart works. for example if it cost 100 uri for each 50% upgrade, 1000 uri for each 100% upgrade, and 50 uri for each 10% upgrade then you would be expected to spend 200 uri using 50% upgrade, 1000 uri using 100% upgrade, and 500 uri 10% upgrade. If it was 30% off then it would be 70 uri for each 50% upgrade, 700 uri for each 100% upgrade, and 35 uri for each 10% upgrade. That would mean you would be expected to spend 140 uri using 50% upgrade, 700 uri using 100% upgrade, and 350% uri using 10%. As you can see whether you have no discount or some discount, the best deal( in this case 50%) will always the best deal. That's why using the chart optimization works for all upgrades so basically just use the highlighted upgrades on the chart in all cases.

13. I think you are trying to say if you BOUGHT 50% upgrades you think you are guaranteed to upgrade each unit with 2 upgrade attempts, which is not the way it works. I have tried the formulas several times and, though some of the time they do work, most of the time you are transferring the savings to other levels as they cost more than a 100% chance when it finally upgrades the unit. When I upgrade items I upgrade ALL at one time using the same percentage, so IF I am to use your example, when I upgrade 30 BO-2 Generators at 50% I am supposed to get 15 upgraded, when in actuality I get 10, leaving 20 to do again and now I get 7 leaving 13, where I get 4 leaving 9, again I get 2 leaving 7, (and so on) but so far I have spent 19 additional upgrades and still have 5-6 that need to be upgraded. The recommended percentages have proven to be the most reliable percentage for getting the upgrade to be successful but again does not mean it will happen and does not GUARANTEE to save you the URIDIUM as I have just shown.

14. xuhu99

xuhu99 User

sry if it sounded like I was saying it was a guarantee. When I say expect I mean the statistical definition of expect. But yeah, anything can happen but of course it's still recommended to do chance upgrades

15. Anyone know the amount of time it takes for each level of upgrades?

16. Since there is no timer on it just the progression I have never timed it. I do know when you get to the higher levels you are not able to do 2 in one UBH, but the lower levels are easy to do 3-4 in an hour. I would say they start at about 10 minutes and end at about 60 minutes increasing about 4 minutes with each level achieved.

KilerStreak likes this.
  17. Runcho

Runcho User

It's based on the level of the item you are upgrading. lvl 1 item gets 1% per second, level 2 item will take 2 seconds for 1% and so on. Level 10 item wants 10 secs for 1% so in total this means 1000 seconds or 16 mins 40 secs. Hope this helps

KilerStreak likes this.
  18. Where is this information seen? It seems as if the level one upgrade too longer than 1 minute 40 seconds. Just did level one and it took 2 minutes, level 2 took 4 minutes, level 3 took 6 minutes. So it seems it is 2 minutes per level so now we know for sure what it is.

So you would see these times for upgrading;
    • Level 1 to 2 is 2 minutes. Confirmed
    • Level 2 to 3 is 4 minutes. Confirmed
    • Level 3 to 4 is 6 minutes. Confirmed
    • Level 4 to 5 is 8 minutes. Confirmed
    • Level 5 to 6 is 10 minutes. Confirmed
    • Level 6 to 7 is 12 minutes.
    • Level 7 to 8 is 14 minutes.
    • Level 8 to 9 is 16 minutes.
    • Level 9 to 10 is 18 minutes.
    • Level 10 to 11 is 20 minutes.
    • Level 11 to 12 is 22 minutes.
    • Level 12 to 13 is 24 minutes.
    • Level 13 to 14 is 26 minutes.
    • Level 14 to 15 is 28 minutes.
    • Level 15 to 16 is 30 minutes.
    I will confirm these as I continue to upgrade this item.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    KilerStreak likes this.