Venom

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by mr_plaku™, Dec 11, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. I have one question when i hover on the venom ability buttons , it says that it slows down the enemy 50% . the truth is it never does can some1 explain that to me

Đìzzy_Ŧìĝéя likes this.
  2. It doesn't seem to work, so i think the 50% thing was false, or its a glitch they need to fix

cooljak96 likes this.
  3. I believe it's a typo they had. They must have placed the Slow Mine desc. by accident (Keep Reading if you don't know what the ability does).
    What it does is damage them starting at 1,000 Directly to their hull (bypasses all shields)| Increasing over time by a certain percentage, depending how high the ship's HP is, for a Full minute.

"For example, on a Kristallon, it starts at 1500 damage and goes up 200 damage per second for 1 minute. The final hit can be around 13500. Note, the Kristallon has 400000 health and if you don't even use lazers or rockets, it will die after approximately 55 seconds." -Taken from DarkOrbit Wiki | Venom Ship Design section

4. i know that , i was hoping that could at least put the 50% speed cap because venom design its useless now , at least b4 was better i could still use it at distance now i have to be in radar range to activate it.
    I think they should put the speed cap for some seconds at least or start the damage not from 1000 but from 2000

5. Find it amusing how you try to claim they wrote the description for slow mine there...the Venom came out long before the slow mine and since like forever you have been able to hover over the items in game for descriptions its been like that for a very long time...Oh and I dno why you refer to the wiki, there's plenty of things the wiki has wrong on many topics, most un-reliable source going :)

This is probably a question best answered by support, being as they should know exactly what its meant to do, what I will post is a couple links to the FAQ's

http://en.board.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/showpost.php?p=1536208&postcount=6

This was posted by Seph and does not mention anything about slowing the person down but then Astraea posted this

https://board-en.darkorbit.com//threads/specialty-designs.973/

In both the old and new forum which shows the abilitys apparent slow down, so as suggested support best for that, but I will say I don't think I have ever noticed the slow down part to work if it is a feature in all the time ive seen venom working :)

6. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

The slow down is a typo here is the Venom FAQ from the old forum and that post was dated 2010. The thread is Skill Design FAQ.

7. For first, Venom were desinged to slow down enemy for 50% and cause him damage. But it was too powerful and it didn't work correctly, so BP removed the ability to slow down enemy and now it's only typo..

8. wel tht suks

9. =SERAPH=

=SERAPH= User

Hello mr_plaku™

Thankyou to all for your answers.

As mentioned, the 50% slow down is a typo. The change to the new UI has included some old descriptions of features which have since been changed or patched - the Singularity ability has never functioned to alter speed as far as we are aware.

I will pass it on to Support for correction.

Do you have further questions?