[UI] Voice chat

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by xXBLINDSPOTXx, Nov 24, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. I'm sure a lot of other people could agree that playing this game while on voice chat with others makes this game that much more fun. So if you could have voice chat with people nearby you, in group chats, or in clan chat, I think that would be sick. I'm not sure how hard/if its even possible for browser based games, but if it is, I would say this would be worth it for the players. Thank you for your time :)

2. There are a variety of social networking platforms out there that can be used that has Voice Chat to communicate with your team, but i prefer using Discord since it is easier to use and you can customize the server however you like, and not to mention it is Free, TeamSpeak is one of the preferred choices by many playing DarkOrbit but creating your own server requires monthly payment to avail the service, but all in all TeamSpeak offers more customization than Discord can.

And besides, you don't wanna hear someone being annoying when they pass through your screen or shouting and hearing other oddly sounds that you don't have to.

Just invite your friends or strangers to your Discord Server or Teamspeak and have a great time conversing through topics without having to integrate such feature in the game since it would be trouble for D.O eitherway and they might not prefer doing something as that.

3. Okay, that makes a lot of sense. Guess I didn't think of it that way.. Thank you for your input :)

4. Proximity chat, along with an option to turn it on/off in the audio settings would be an absolutely awesome idea! Now players can get off Discord and TeamSpeak, and actually use in-game voice chat and perhaps even global/company chat. I miss the days when people actually communicated in-game.

+1

5. I doubt they would even try to work with it, and it would be great just to have voice chat ingame rather than opening another application to do the communication, not to mention not everyone is looking at their chat window anymore so whenever someone who doesn't have a discord or doesn't have any access to communicate with them whatsoever can't reach them in any other way other than chat in D.O.

Wirwerdenniesosein likes this.
  6. Teamspeak was used and still is used all the time for communication and it's much better than any in-game implremented communication could be, since Teamspeak is the number 1 platform for such a thing.