Vortex of Terror feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Solid_Eye, Jun 22, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pip..

pip.. User

rewards are crap the gate is crap just another ammo drain designed by bigpoint.

neoonoma likes this.
  2. well semi ufe here 15 ubks 2 left in corner and lag spike on last life RIP. DO really has to take into account their laggy servers before making a wave this challenging. if you use a freeze rocket on a ubk in the group or just pound one a little. the one you damage will be faster than the group ice rockets work great fly thru in ring freeze ubk keep flying and the ubk you froze will pull ahead of pack still one lag spike your screwed

3. The gate is challenging, to say the least. However, the wave I stopped at had 5 Uber Lords, 20 Uber Sibs, 1, UBK and 1 UFO. It is way to hard for the average player. As stated, I like a challenge, but I do not like wasting ammo. That wave would have taken about million rounds to complete and deplete my sep. D.O. needs to consider ''nerfing'' the harder NPCs.

If it is D.O.'s goal to lower the insane amount of ammo we all have, then my suggestion would be, to stop making every event/item gallaxy gate driven. For example, we build gates and build up a surplus of ammo in the process to get schism crystals. We need 2,250 schisms for all ten of the new drones. That is approximately 150 gates. Therefore, the surplus of ammo will just get worse.

I like the gate its fun!!! It just needs a little tweaking.

<3 T

4. I finished the same wave as that and I had no problem, there is always one alien faster than the others those are the ones to kill first. Also lots of players are using ring formation and in my eye's they are wasting their own ammo, for starters ring has less damage so that means you use more ammo and minerals to complete the gate. Also the gate is only here for a little while I for one will use some ammo the get the drones for free instead of having to buy them. And I never go down that much in ammo cause you can make most of it back when double gg comes every weekend. I usually just do hades and even though i use x4 i still make more x4 than I use. If you don't have the uri for hades then I suggest A,B,Y gates and just use x3 and x2 ammo instead of x4.

I-BOT-KILLER likes this.
  5. Acc12323

Acc12323 User

There should definitly be better reward or increase the quantity to of demon drones rewarded at the end to at least 5!! This id the hardest and longest gate.Right now,i only go there so i can get all the uridium from the zeta waved.

6. It's basicly Tunnel of Terror with less rewards! Hope that is not a glimps into next October!

It's an ammo dump either way you look at it. I drilled the UBK's and it still took a while. Trick is getting one to run,..lead the others away and run up and kill it because you will not survive a shot if you have them all in the corner

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  7. Ok so, gate isn't really terible.
    I did test yesterday, I go in x-6 and shoot with x4, seprom, 20% dmg booster, cyborg, alien hunter on cubikon and spend 1044 x4 for 1024 uridium so almost 1 x4 for 1ur.

Today I shoot Vortex in pirate map and it take me 2h for 36k uridium and spend around 100k x3 for 36k uridium its cca 75k x4 so around 2 x4 for 1ur.

Yesterday been shoot normal npc with 15 uber kristallon, 40k uridium till kristallon and 40k with then and few waves after so 80k in total. Kristallon got 3,2m hp if you shoot kamikaze its around 60 kamikaze to kill them so 40min for 15k uridium without use any ammo, only thing u need is ring formation to dont die :)
    If you shoot just x4 you spend around 120k for 80k uridium its 1,5 x4 for 1 uridium whats between cubikon and kristallon in x-7 map so overall I don't think gate is TERIBLE its not that bad but pirate reward is way to low and don't really wurth time.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  8. Once you get past the first set of waves with the Uber Battleray, the gate borders on requiring a group like the Hades gate does.
    The percent drops for useless stuff needs to be improved so the useful items can drop a bit more often and/or the number of harder npc's need to be nerfed or outright replaced with same quantity of lower npc types.
    Rewards for effort falls far short of what they should be.

9. OILDAILY

OILDAILY User

i agree there should be one ubk rest nerfed wot a waste of sep ammo time also getting hit 447k having to run rep come back to ubk and take its sheilds down again then another 14 to go ?damm stupid devs

10. Its not that hard to shoot UBK, as long as you hit and run hit and run you are fine, I mean you must shoot it on edge of weapon range to don't take dmg, you can't go in and shoot with laser and rocket, just laser and 1 hit step back 1 hit step back, you should be able do around 40 hits per minute on UBK if you do it right. For UBK you must have some skill its not turn off barin and lets do it.
    Take shield down again ? You should have moth formation by now just use it.

Now u have ring formation and its easy for newbie to go on kristallon stand and shoot x1 till you kill it, before when there was no formation and you have small shield was magic kill kristallon, for cubikon you was need 2 ppl to do it with x4, I learn than to shoot npc, this gate is good opportunity for you to learn. Also venom power got lower cd than before, so use it.

Btw, with scatter laser 3 you can't kill UBK because range is to short.

11. Big waste of ammo, you can kami most of it up to the ubks then it tries to eat all your ammo . I can kill the UBKs but I'm not going to waste the time and ammo needed again. Rewards from that point on are not worth the effort to me and many others.

12. nixy1

nixy1 User

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the ubk wave, it was the first time in years i felt a challenge against npcs, now to the point all the joy and accomplishment I felt from completing this wave was harshly ripped away from me when there was no portal to jump through, instead it was followed with another hour and a half of npcs leaving me now fully drained and dejected, either the dev staff never tried this gate out before releasing it or they are that sadistic that they are on par with my ex wife. It would be a great addition to end the wave after the ubks with a portal so peoplecan enjoy the acheivement and not feel like they are having their souls drained from them by what follows.

Nix
    GB1

P.S.
    Don't nerf the ubk wave.

veritas likes this.
  13. nixy1

nixy1 User

hone your skills i got through them without needing to run off and rep, forget normal circling it wont help you, try a 90 degree alternation, this way you never go out of laser range and wont get shot once if you do it right.

14. Freaking 1 hour to kill UBK wave. This is such a waste of my time.

15. Acc12323

Acc12323 User

You are probably UFE,why bother even doing it?

16. devs, don't listen to this Nixy1 guy 2 posts above
    he is ufe, of course he doesn't need the ubk wave to be nerfed
    but not everyone doing this gate is ufe.

17. nixy1

nixy1 User

Sorry to break it to you but you don't need to be UFE to kill ubks, I used to be the one everyone came to for the single ubk quest back on the old client before pilot bio. If you struggle on them, don't quit just work on your game because that is what it is "your game" we all play our own game. The first time I popped a solo ubk it took me over an hour, now the game is much easier and even a basic fe noob will be hitting more and running bigger shields than I did for my first solo ubk. I can understand your reluctancy to accept that some of us love the challenge and I for one love that finally there is a wave in a gg that I can't just mentally switch off on. For a long time the more developed players have been pleading for stronger npcs. Also just to add, I'm not ufe I could make my ship ufe but then the game would have no challenge at all for me and I'd end up quitting until the next stupid update that throws the norm out of the ball park.

P.S.
    Dev's I beg of you don't nerf the gates ubks.

18. Thank you for the screen shot of the Revenant Slender.
    It was the only way I can see it.
    The glob of UberKristallons were too much for me. Over an hour and had to keep falling back to rep while they repaired the shields.... maybe it we had something like an inexpensive direct damage laser.... to avoid wasting damage potential on npc shields.
    The group shot from them was definitely the worst.

19. UBK is compensate with melter, you kill it really fast couse got 300k hp and get 256 ur

20. Just completed the gate the uber wave was a challenge, but ok, my gripe was the finish, no experience or honour given
    and to receive just 1 drone design for completing - Felt cheated! for time effort and ammo, very poor ratio.

2nd Gate

After posting Checked and saw that I had received 30k RSB and although I have not quite finished the 2nd gate there is a very different combination which is great and testing due to varied aliens speeds and attack pattern, "Really like the 2nd format"

I would point out as well I take back my first comment concerning experience and honour rewards as given what I have earned so far is pretty dam good ok I do have a 50% experience booster running.

All in all considering the gate is free yes ok challenging but that's what we want from a game otherwise what's the point.
    As for ammo used well as others have said I have it sitting there I never drop below x2 - due to gate bashing weekends hope to see the event back soon.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    -Lockraven- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.