What should a returning player spend a million uridium

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by raorbit, Jan 25, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. raorbit

raorbit User

I am returning to the game after 5 years and want to know the most efficient way to spend the uridium i'll be buying tomorrow. I don't have anything yet.

2. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Think it's worth giving you a heads up about the state of the game now compared to 5 years ago, will list everything that has changed encase you aren't aware of some of the things. It's a lot more expensive. Your 1mil uridium will not go very far at all.

I'm guessing you played when the pilot bio was around? So you needed to have the 8 drones, LF3, B02 and about 24+ pilot points to have a good "full" ship?
    Well now we have LF4, most people get them from booty boxes, which cost 1,500 uridium to open and the odds are assumed to be at 0.5% chance to get a LF4 from these boxes. DO have chosen to keep the odds secret and they like the idea of "chance" in everything now.
    We also have 2 new drones, Apis and Zeus. You can instantly buy these drones for 1.1mil uri (Apis) and 1.5mil uri (Zeus) or you can chose to again test your luck with booty boxes and collect blue prints of the drones which will lower the price. 45 blue prints will make it free and again, they are rare. Zeus blue prints can only be collected during special events that occur roughly once or twice a month.
    On top of the new equipment DO also have upgrades. You pay uridium to upgrade your equipment to a maximum level of 16, it costs 100k uridium to get 1 item from lv1 to lv16 and when you require 10 drones and 45 lasers, the upgrades cost a huge amount.

So, you have got your LF4, your 10 drones and your upgrades, there is still more to do ... drone designs. There are two types and you get them from completing galaxy gates, Zeta and Kappa. Both require over 100 parts and both give a chance of getting a design in the reward. Encase you were around for the PET either I will just cover that quick, it consumes fuel which costs uridium and has 10 laser slots and 12 protocol slots. You get 1 free laser slot and 2 (I think) free protocol slots, you have to use uridium to open to rest and the cost goes up each time. Then the individual protocols and cost up to 45k uridium.

So since 2010 / 2009 the game has probably got more expensive to acquire a full ship with uridium by roughly 1,000%, there are small discounts here and there like upgrade hours which make upgrades 25% cheaper but ultimately the game has become insanely expensive even if a player took advantage of all discounts possible.

So the most efficient way to spend uridium if you are still up for it? Asuuming you have rebate and premium: a pet, 4 or 5 iris drones, some LF3 and B02 and an Aegis (new ship which has abilities to repair quick and give shield to yourself, good for NPC) then begin the long grind to get the rest of your equipment.

3. 2010 was the year when the changes were being introduced more frequently. Early 2010, we did not have Aegis, Citadel, and Spearhead. No LF3. No Upgrading. No PET or at least it was new and rare to see high level ones. And we had triangle Rings for gate completion.

We did have a Pilot Bio late 2009 I think and people were all talking about getting Fat Lasers. I believe January 2010 was when the Game Graphics changed the first time.

For reference, this was late 2010:

MethicSkull likes this.
  4. DAVCOP2

DAVCOP2 User

2009 was the good ol days, I took a hiatus for 2 years, came back 1 mill will not get you far at all, the expense is real, I haven't dropped a single penny on the game as was happy to find out LF2 could be bought for 250k credits, even with that it's a "wallet warriors haven"

5. raorbit

raorbit User

I left right before the pet was released. I understand it costs more. I'm looking for the most efficient way to spend my uridium. Is the Aegis worth it? Can it out duel a Goliath? Also how do you level now. The quests give only 2k ep each. Before there were big quests like wanderlust which gave 500k exp

6. Save your money. Get Premium and rebate. Build Skylab. Bid on everything. Get Booty Keys. Save uridium while you play. I got to 410m experience and 4 m honor in less than 3 months without spending a dime except for Premium and rebates.

Proof?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <-----Click the button pl0x

MethicSkull likes this.
  7. ramnik

ramnik User

man what you been doing for 3 months if you didnt buy uri lol

8. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Farming hard.

9. You're saying you made all that in 108 hours without buying any uri? Right. I have a few bridges for sale too.

10. Not impossible. Skylab = OP

MethicSkull likes this.
  11. jackknife

jackknife User

My recommendation is to first start playing as a new player. Learn the game again see if you want and still like it : i'm new but have read the old forums and the game has changed. It will also give you the value of what ship/game you decide to play.

It also gives you time to get your skylab up and running easy 6mil. a day, more if properly eqpt.

spend uri on those items that cost uri rest buy with credits
    The game now takes alot of time /money and some basic knowledge. The difference between ufe and fe seems the same as between fe and space pilot.

ggod luck and tell us what happened with that million uri ( don't know what i would spend it on except a design now available for your Co.)

12. BORG1

BORG1 User

Rofl got all that without buying any uri what a load of rubbish to have what you got in 3 months you had to spend uri VintageAion skylab is mostly for creds doesn't give u exp and honor lol.

I know players that's been playing and spending a little and playing a lot longer than 108 hours and haven't got half the stuff you got so what you say you haven't spent anything on uri is bull and is the world round aswell lol.

13. Skylab gives you the credits to get the FE Gear you need. I logged in everyday to get bonuses and build the skylab and get the credits and use the credits to get to FE from auctions. After a while of collecting Keys and Logdisks and Extra Energy, I ended up building Gates. Uridium came naturally when you do not spend it on little things and I used all of it on Booty Boxes, Gates and Log Disks that ended up getting even more Energy and Ammo and even Drone parts that led to getting me my drones for free...

I got every LF3 and BO2 from Trade or Chests. Premium and Rebates cut the prices of Energy and Booty keys and Log disks so I got more for alot less.

The new quests today, can get you to level 17 extremely quick. I mean seriously. Some quests give you 5m - 7 m exp at level 16 and 17. I got to 100m exp in 3 days without doing gates. I Pallied every day as well. I got my PET at 30m Exp. I used the Uridium from doing my first gate to get the PET.

Alot of players are not patient at all or Disciplined. They spend all the credits and Uridium they got as soon as they get it and see big goals such as getting 32 PP impossible. They don't save, they don't build their skylab, they don't even try. They just complain that the game is expensive and the other players are too strong and then quit. I been playing since 2006. This game has gotten alot more expensive but today, it is so much easier to get gear and to level up. You used to lose all your credits when you lose a bid. You use to lose your ship when you die and dont have 500 uri. Most quests at lower level gave less than 1 million experience and anyone at level 17 or above was considered an old player. Today, you get free items for doing quests. Sometimes you run out of quests and still have 150 m experience to go till the next level. LF2 used to cost Uridium and most free players only had Credit Shields and MP1 and did about 1000 damage.

Yes, the game is expensive if you try to spend money. But so is Clash of Clans. But yet, people still make it to level 140 without spending a dime or only spending 10$ to get the 5 Builders.

Just take your time.

MethicSkull likes this.
  14. Game isn't worth it for a free player. I've been gone for a long time too and recently been playing for a couple of weeks. I got the old school FE equipment and with all these enhancements I get popped like I was a Nostromo. To me it isn't worth spending money because they will continue releasing more stuff to raise the bar. For me it is better to spend money on things that would really benefit me in real life. What ever you choose, good luck.

15. Vintage, you can say what you want but I think you're a liar. Yeah, exp and honor are easy to get, your stats show you have those and can't be disputed, but all that equipment? Just looking at your PP alone, just to get 33 pp like you have requires 6667 log disks, around 2223 times you would have to win them on auction if you bid on all of them. That number is highly unlikely to achieve in the short time your skylab would have had to produce sufficient promi to sell. All the pet stuff? That cannot be won in auction. There are so many things you have and with the small time you've had the account things just don't add up. Unless you opened your wallet. Don't care when you started playing, there's just no way you have what you have in 108 hours of playing and 4 and 1/2 months to bid for stuff.

16. Call me a liar if you want.

I don't have the money to spend thousands of dollars on this game. I only get paid $20k a year and most of that goes to bills.

Note that with each log in, you get Log disks, Spinning gates give you a chance to get Log disks. Killing Ubers give you a chance for log disks, Premium + rebate makes log disks way cheaper, so I can make 200 uri and get a log disk, Collecting Booty Boxes give you chances to get log disks. And Bidding gives you a few as well. You can make 50 - 100m a day with Just Skylab without logging in. Doing Gamma and other gates can make you millions more. I made 250m Credits in one day in 7 hours by using Skylab and doing Gamma and Alpha and some quests.

On some servers, once you get all your Irises, just getting LF3s and BO2s are easy. Cost between 5m - 20 m credits per bid per item. I won a few LF3s and BO2s with 2 million Credits because I bidded at times when no one was playing. All the Extras cost only about 2 million total. What I like to do is bid on SLOT4 CPUs for 50k credits, win them, and sell the CPU for 750k. With all the Uri you are getting from Doing the gates and quests, you can buy more Log disks and completing a gate gives you more log disks as well.

One Gamma gate gives you enough Uridium for over 400 Log Disks.

MethicSkull likes this.
  17. Your obviously working for the Illuminati and using fabricated numbers to spread the evil that is the skylab (which I love), facts, reason, and logic have no place here!

To the OP: ''Premium and rebate if you plan on buying so much uridium, bid on Bo2s and LF3s and iris, build your skylab to be able to, keep premium if you plan on having a pet, get it level 8 to buy level 3 gears, don't buy level 1 or 2 gears, level 3 kami and diamond and Aegis will be good for farming and gate bashing.

Depending on your fighting style I'd recommend a few more drone formations, more upgrades of course but level 16 iris would be a good start, try to hold out for some upgrade hours to save even more. You could buy your apis and maybe zeus instead of buying your basic FE equipment, the LF3's you'd eventually be replacing anyways. Start with Zeta gates to get log disks for bio and booty keys for zeus and LF4 day. I'm not sure what configs you run but Id suggest a few less LF3s and a few more Bo2s.

You only need 24 points for the main things, fats, shield engineering and shield mechanics, with premium and rebate the cost is 557,550 uridium.

One drone to level 16 at 100% without any discounts is 104,250 uridium. With just premium it is 99,037 uridium. With rebate it is 78,187 uridium. With premium and rebate and upgrade hour it is 52,125 uridium, quite a bit of possible savings that you aren't employing. Keep in mind it takes approximately 3 hours to upgrade one item to level 16 so you'd need a few upgrade hours but I think it would be worth the wait.

1,980,000 uridium on a Mega: Log disks for 24 bio points is 557,500 uridium. 1 hanger for 37,500 uridium. 625,496 uridium for 8 level 16 drones unless you wait for upgrade hour. 150,000 uridium for diamond and heart. 345,000 uridium for 31 LF3s and 15 Bo2s if you decide to buy them. 485,250 uridium for 8 iris if you decide to buy them. You'd have 264,205 uridium left if you got everything I listed except the 8 iris and this is with rebate and premium and without a promotional code or upgrade hour at all. If this is your first uridium purchase on your account then you can use a promotional code to receive 10% uridium on your purchase which in your case would come out to a total of 2,178,000 uridium.''

Gotta love copy and paste, there is excess info but it should still be useful if you plan on spending though I wouldn't recommend. Okapi's suggestions are good as well.

18. And your post is the reason why the forums is so strict with rules to restrict and limit people who love to post for post count. If you do not have anything productive on a thread, do not post. This is a discussion about the productivity with uridium and the economics of Darkorbit. Not working with the Illuminati.

MethicSkull likes this.
  19. Well then, I guess you took offense to my trolling despite me including useful information for the OP (which you ignored :(, bully). I will now throw my computer out the window and hang my head in shame, I apologize for my sin against the rules. Though I think other things are to blame for such strict rules, more so than boosting for posts which usually isn't even dealt with even if it is blatant, cough cough, me, Vespid, and Dreadlok.