[SC] Why R-zone is great!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Bakjam, Jan 18, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Bakjam

Bakjam User

Hi everyone, I thought I would go ahead and introduce the 3 reasons why the Refraction zone (R-zone) can be one of the best places for some nice PVP.

1. It is really company versus company: no multi-company-clans, no backstabbing company members: any and all friendly fire is disabled so from the moment you join you know exactly who is your enemy and who not (and who is your friends enemy).

This reason alone is in my opinion why R-zone is an excellent example of how PVP could be: the fact that you now know who is your enemy creates a much more fun environment where users are more willing to take risk and participate in battle because they can actually win.

This is a huge difference compared to regular PVP where friendly players can still turn against you if you get shot by a clan member from another company. This creates insecurity which in turn creates a reason not to get involved at all: why would I even try if am going to be back stabbed by my own company anyway.

2. Infection is turned off: due to the lack of prolonged immunity after removing an infection, the infection debuff can be insanely annoying, especially in group fights. The main game changer is the speed reduction, which can make escaping from a pack very difficult. Because infection debuffs are turned off in the refraction zone, this is no longer a problem!

3. The map structure: rather than having an enormous map where you never know if and where enemies may pop up, the R-zone map is quite small and has 3 spawn points; one for each faction. In addition, while the map is small the many walls add strategy to flying around rather than going from one point to another in a straight line.

The spawn points also create a safe haven for players trying to get away and create a more
    dynamic environment where ships that previously had no chance to get away (such as the Citadel and Disruptor) can actually be a viable option.

All in all I find the Refraction zone one of the best places for PVP, mainly because of the first reason. So what do you think?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Sagturius likes this.
  2. Sagturius

Sagturius User

I enjoyed it too when i could get it. My wait times are too long.

3. Dramborleg

Dramborleg User

I've told it's been long broken and not to try it - I fly on US1 - what server are you on?

It sounds great, wonder why it gets such a bad rap? I tried to get in once, but it never loaded, and when I asked about it was told not to bother...

4. Bakjam

Bakjam User

I'm on GE2

It isn't always active but when it is you can get some great fights, much better than in regular maps on PVP where you stand no chance when not in a clan. In R-zone, you aren't forced to gang up with others, much less the same players over and over again.

5. Seems only a very few of the old server designations can get into the r-zone. I have seen waits of up 20+ minutes and no entrance. All focus appears to be towards anything except correcting problems and the r-zone fault is just one of them.
    2 years and no entrance...

6. Bakjam

Bakjam User

Yeah it can take a long time, furthermore even players without sufficient equipment are allowed which fills up the map. And because there is some sort of balancing that removes you of the map when too few players are there it could be quite a pain to get in and stay in.

7. Entering the area has definitely been broken for long time. Any time I tried past year I could not get in. Back in time you always got in after a couple of minutes wait.

8. No r-zone icon to click on and try now.
    Well, that's one way to remove a problem.

-----------------------------------------------

My apologies in case anyone took exception to the above comment I made.
    I logged out, closed browser ran ccleaner; restarted dark orbit and there was the r-zone icon again.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  9. Sagturius

Sagturius User

I am on USA1 and it hasn't worked in more than a year.

10. GA1. Hasn't worked since 2018? and no surprise they never fixed it.