Windows 10 & WiFi

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by ŁÁĞÏ™, May 19, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Hello all,

This is just a quick post in hopes I can remedy some people's connection problems based on using a WiFi connection in their home. I have recently been plagued by a lag spike which happens every couple of seconds, for example, my ping would be "56 - 56 - 1186 - 72", with a spike obviously happening every few seconds.

I would like to ask people who are using a WiFi connection or wireless connection (Note: This does not include Mobile Broadband, Dongles, or handheld devices, IE: mobile phones), so I can collect and gather an idea of how many people suffer this problem. If you have noticed a change in lag spikes or anything which causes your game to halt every few seconds, please can you copy and paste a result of the "ping gb1.darkorbit.com" command by using cmd prompt within Windows 10.

My lag spikes began after: Windows 10 (With all updates up until this post was created, 19/05/2017).

If results and replies to this thread show a significant amount of WiFi users facing this issue on Windows 10, I will publish the fix, which is a command which is inputted into cmd prompt (of which I have used and can confirm it does work, and I will give a detailed explanation of the command in question).

Forum Moderators: You know me and my technical support with DarkOrbit, and my idea's and fixes tend to provide closure for many users.

Thanks

LAGI.​

2. neoonoma

neoonoma User

[Btw nice post but maybe you wanna change the title as it highly convinces people that it is going to be a rant post and may make them not read your post(i almost ignored it for example)].
    Moving on,i haven't seen any ping problem since i have the in-game's ping and FPS information turned off but when i do see i will edit this post.

3. Wifi is always sucks bro. Go get an ethernet cable or buy wireless adaptor for better connection.
    My results ; https://gyazo.com/2378a34ead2357f3e5a672a4af7ef4c2 https://gyazo.com/a6385b711714a026cbd97f92071a881a

I'm win7 user. Maybe you can update your driver.

4. neoonoma

neoonoma User

Skip the following paragraph for conclusion.

It really depends on your country,(and an ethernet cable or wireless adaptor won't help much)for example countries like Germany that use glass cables which transmit signal through light have much worse internet connection than countries like Romania that use copper cables which use only electricity to transmit signal.

TL;DR it mostly depends on the country.

5. Firstly, thank you for assuming I don't know anything lol I'm highly computer literate, so explaining things to me is kind of a waste of time :p.

Secondly, this thread is designed for those who have no choice but to use WiFi, some people don't have the joys of drilling holes in their walls to accommodate for an Ethernet cable, or commonly known as RJ45 :p.