You know you've played Darkorbit too much when...

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ΘЛЄ_MΛИ_ΛЯMY™, Aug 8, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. I though it fun to revive a classic idea :D (All of these are mine unless stated)

You know you've played too much DO when...
    • You see a rich guy on the street and call him a wallet warrior.
    • You call your work colleagues clan mates.
    • You call your job assignments missions.
    • You look at a cube and think Protegits are gonna come out of that!
    • You think doors are jump gates.
    • You hear the phrase strike back with a vengeance and you think no a Goliath's better.
    • You try to mount lasers on your pet cat.
    • You do all your work assignments hoping you'll level up.
    • You go to the opticians and say 'all my iris drones are fine!'
    • You go to an auction and wait until the end of the hour to bid.
    • "The mining operations are going great" "I never upgraded my Skylab what are you on about?"
    • "Human beings are going to land soon on mars" "So who have I been fighting the whole time?"
    • You search up EIC, MMO and VRU and are surprised by what you find (actually do it, it's really cool)
    [​IMG]

Oh Heaven help us!

What can you guys come up with?

Post below :D

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  2. ...your wallet is empty.

3. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

You commit a crime and detonate an EMP grenade while escaping

4. Before you are UFE while asleep you solo a cube and have to check your logs when you wake up.

5. ramnik

ramnik User

...When your ranked number 1 on your server :L

6. Silviu

Silviu User

When your facebook life events are like:
    • Killed my 1st kristallon.
    • Reached level 15.
    • Got my first havoc.
    • Finished 100 quests.

7. wen u ask what is work what is Fb all i do is DO

8. When your financial adviser says "Invest in precious metals like gold and platinum", and you say "palladium is way better dude".

9. when you gotta set your alarm early enough to wake up to place some bids XD

10. when someone finishes there work before you and you call them a botter

11. pecanin

pecanin User

You know you've played Darkorbit too much when...

When you defend this game as "good game"

.-=DARKNESS=-. and .USS.Goliath. like this.
  12. lampas

lampas User

.... when u start a thread like this :p

ROULOUS___HELLAS likes this.
  13. You know where every single jump gate takes you

.-=DARKNESS=-. and chixonator like this.
  14. When you don't tell/friend anyone that you are playing this game.

Three years ago - yes - today - duh!

I have never used DO reference in any of my communications - your secret is safe with me :p

15. chixonator

chixonator User

when you get angry and call the person a leacher..
    when you say "your slower then a cube" to someone walking
    when you call everyone noobs
    tell someone youll pop them..

16. When you go to buy a car and think I could have a half ufe goli instead, this car only costs 15 million uri.

I bought the goli i don't like driving my mrs about.

e.t.a

yh i am that stupid :p

17. chixonator

chixonator User

when you email support instead of calling 911...

18. When you can collect palladium in your sleep.

Rex-Jocreiso likes this.
    • When you think "shooting whites at someone" is actually a funny terminology for a sexual activity.
    • When Kara from support becomes your new big sister.
    • When flirting with a female CM becomes a form of having an affair.
    • When a Galaxy Gate becomes your next best thing compared to having dinner.
    • When you can have a full scale conversation with someone in the same room as you... while turning your head to talk to them and still do a Galaxy Gate.
    • When there's a circular pattern on your desk from circling a BK on the old client.
    • Popping becomes a medical problem due to rising blood pressure.
    • When "going shopping" (as you would tell the wife) involves buying 80k RSB and 200 EMP's, and shortly followed by a divorce.
    • Being single doesn't seem all that bad.
    • Leaving someone hanging on an SMS reply on your phone coz your "busy" doing something on here.
    • Getting one of those "Attempted Delivery" cards from Royal Mail coz your being chased by 30 prots in Gamma.
    • Lashing out when someone calls it a "stupid space game"
    • You try to open a parcel or package in 5 seconds to simulate a booty box.... then being highly disappointed.
    • Throwing a snowball and imagining its a BK or LK.
    • Thoughts of creating the DarkOrbitarian religion actually crosses your mind.
    • Timing yourself to run to the toilet and getting back to your PC in practise for Galaxy Gate emergencies.
    • Sitting on the toilet and actually talking to yourself as if the radiator cares about what you need to do next on DarkOrbit.
    • Bookmarking people's accounts just so you can troll them.
    • Purchasing a really expensive item for Uridium, then strutting around the house or town like a boss.
    • Telling your mates about DarkOrbit, knowing they really couldn't care less.
    • When pwning other players actually makes you think your a professional gamer and can participate in World Tournaments to win £250,000.
    • When "Darkorbit | The space adventure game for your browser." is the first tab on your browser.
    • When "noob" actually becomes highly offensive.
    • When an all inclusive holiday to Turkey looks less appealing compared to buying Uridium for the same price.
    • Your late for work.
    • When seeing 6 digits worth of Uridium makes you feel rich. But in reality, your sitting in front of a computer screen with nothing to show for it.
    • Every day tasks like buying Milk from the shop seems like a waste of time.
    • Wondering if someone you see in town also plays DarkOrbit, or the guy upstairs.
    • Telling your girlfriend on the phone, "Yeah babe, gonna go bed after this phone call, coz am knackered"... then hanging up and resuming your nightly DarkOrbit activities till the early hours.
    • Doing /users in chat before you say a single thing.
    • When checking the forums for replies or notifications becomes more important than checking your emails.
    • Your desk is littered with Tobacco coz someone uncloaks on you while your rolling.
    • DarkOrbit becomes a family activity instead of visiting the mother-in-law.
    • When your accountant or financial advisor notices "DarkOrbit Payment" on your bank statement and resigns.
    More to come folks.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014