Client setup wizard frozen

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Tigertail6, Dec 14, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Tigertail6

Tigertail6 User

Hi
    I tried downloading the client in Linux Mint before, and just saw that Windows is required.
    I have downoladed in Windows, go to setup wizard, and it just sits there. It won't give a next command, I can't install it. the next time I get a 'why did you stop playing DO'-I didn't. DO stopped playing. Help!
    '

2. SirThrills

SirThrills Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hello @Tigertail6 ,

Please make sure you are using Windows 10/11, 4+ GB of RAM, and have an adequate amount of storage (250-500gb+, with storage leftover for the game)

3. deviitais

deviitais User

on my PC client is not working at all.... it installed and opening like new window but after that not loading and chucking out. using WIN 10
    My user ID:99791459

4. Larrakin

Larrakin User

"Virtualbox" is the only way I found to get darkorbit to run on Linux (I use mint)

On win 11 Avast anti virus initially saw DO as a virus, something to do with unsupported software, so I added an exclusion in Avast - Installed Do and works.

Check your anti virus vault.
    Run the DO download through a virus checker, you mey have the same problem I did initially

Last edited by moderator: Dec 24, 2022
  5. deviitais

deviitais User

that was a first think what i did... checked antivirus, but no, that is not an issue. Opening> Loading> cloding window

6. Oddessey

Oddessey Team Leader Team Darkorbit

TermiteFan likes this.
  7. deviitais

deviitais User

Yes i have AMD... and i cant find 22.5.1 oldest i got 22.5.2 :D i go try to download somewhere :)

8. Kernow69

Kernow69 User

HI, I cannot access game. I double click shortcut as normal, starts to open, as normal.. but then closes before |I can get to back page. I was playing 10 hours ago with no issues other then the pain in but , your graphics are not optimal, message. This is normally fixed by changing up to average setting.
    I have restarted laptop several time.. no joy.
    I have uninstalled, then logged in via webpage and re-installed... no joy.
    I can only get onto old backpage via webpage, but it does not have the START button to open game.
    Can anyone help ?
    This is a pain in butt as been playing for over 8 years, so not exactly new account .

Windows 11
    AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
    8GB Memory
    256GB SSD

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
  9. Tigertail6

Tigertail6 User

I basically have that same setup.

Oh-I think I see what happened in my case. My screen size was preventing me from seeing the whole picture. The installer has already done its job, I have to go to the app. I think I should be okay, thanks for the replies and good luck Kernow69

Last edited by moderator: Jan 12, 2023
  10. SirThrills

SirThrills Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Great to hear your issue was resolved! Do you have any further questions surrounding this, or can we close?