GA1-Connection to server lost while in FL. Did anyone else experience this?

Discussion in 'Technical Event Issues' started by 1taffy1, Dec 29, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. 1taffy1

1taffy1 User

This has happened to me twice today while in the Frozen Labyrinth, once at 1:45 EST pm and now, starting at 6:15 EST pm. An error popped up and said connection to server was lost both times. Then the new connection pop up appeared, but no matter how many times I clicked on it, it wouldn't reestablish the connection. So, I clicked on it constantly for the remainder of the time frame the FL was open. Both times, it magically connected the moment the FL closed. Both times, between trying to reconnect, I cleared cache and logged in and out of the game, but nothing worked to bring me back to the game until the moment the labyrinth closed. My internet connection is fine.

Other players were not bumped off according to the rankings, as synks were caught during the time what appears a forced ejection.

Are you randomly bumping people off due to excess traffic? I know it didn't impact all players because I can see where players caught the synk during my forced disconnection.

I lost an hour in the FL today because of this culling of the herd, because that's what it looks like to me: the game is forcing some players out because the server is busy and overcrowded, because I don't think it was a coincidence the server reconnected at the exact moment the FL closed when players would be exiting the labyrinth. Why are some players being ousted while others are not?

If it didn't reconnect the SECOND the FL closed, I wouldn't think this, but there's something going on forcing players out of game if they're playing the FL and only reconnecting when the FL window closes. Please fix this before the end of the event.

2. If you had roaming title on your ship it might cause disconnect issue. This issue has been around since August of this year and no announcement about fix on this. When you have a roaming title it might work just fine but once you try to jump to certain maps it will disconnect you and you wont be able to reconnect.
    https://board-en.darkorbit.com/threads/titles-faq.882/

So If you had roaming title you need to take it out from backpage and change it to some other title.

3. Nah it's not that, I have been in labyrinth like 6 times killing npc's and get a random disconnect and the only way to reconnect is to clear cache on both pages and restart p.c. and then maybe just maybe it will let you login again.
    Contacted support and they say nothing is up to them anymore they send the so called info to the game team and if they fix it they fix it if they don't then support can't do nothing. Cheers

4. 1taffy1

1taffy1 User

Um, no. I don't have a roaming title. Nice try to pass the buck and blame the player, though. It wasn't an isolated event, and it did impact other players.

Like, right now, there's a FL issue. Synk isn't spawning at all. The current event window has been down since 3:35 pm EST.
    This used to happen A LOT last year whenever the server was refreshed.
    Also, I'm not seeing any loot boxes during this issue. There are no in game announcements, announcing where the synk is, either.

5. Put the blame on player? I said IF you had one it MIGHT be the cause since they haven't bothered to fix that issue with titles. And at first you claimed you were the only one that it happened which led me to suspect you had one: