Game performance issues & Unity migration

Discussion in 'General Issues' started by _JJaks_, May 18, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _JJaks_

_JJaks_ User

Hello!
    I recently decided to return to Darkorbit after a long break, but I've been experiencing significant performance issues on my PC. Despite having a Ryzen 9 3900X with an RTX 2070 Super, I'm unable to achieve a consistent 60fps while playing. I've tried various troubleshooting steps like adjusting settings, switching to 3D mode (which feels outdated in 2023), clearing caches, and reinstalling the client, but I still encounter significant lag spikes, even during smaller fights against NPCs.

I understand that the game still utilizes Flash, which may be a limiting factor in resolving these performance problems. I came across a forum post mentioning a potential migration to Unity, but it seems that the promised updates in that regard haven't materialized. Do you have any information on the progress of the migration? Is there a timeframe or any updates available on when we can expect the migration to happen? I'm curious to know if it's being actively worked on and if it's a priority for the development team. It's evident that Darkorbit can't continue relying on Flash for much longer since Flash is very old already and has been deprecated for a long time.

I understand that forum moderators are volunteers and may not have access to this information. However, I was wondering if you could kindly request an official response from BigPoint regarding the migration progress since I am under the assumption that you are atleast in contact with BigPoint(?). It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide some insights or contact someone who can provide an update. Thank you for your assistance!

EmperorOfTheOrbit likes this.
  2. SirThrills

SirThrills Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hello at this time there is still no further information on a Unity migration. Unfortunately the game is still stuck on flash for now.

3. _JJaks_

_JJaks_ User

Okay, thank you for that information.

4. SirThrills

SirThrills Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Closing as answered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.