[GI] Invoke Drop Question

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by anduril, May 4, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anduril

anduril User

I was under the impression that the drops after killing an Invoke do not expire. So I killed a few yesterday and was going to pick up the drops after killing some more today, but the drops are gone.

Is there a time limit on the drops or do they not expire (despawn) as I had read in some BL posts?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

2. The Boxes dropped by the Invokes and the Mindfire don't despawn the normal way.

They do however "despawn" (more so get deleted) when the server restarts.
    A server restart is deleting everything that is on the maps, and when the server goes live again only the Items that are always there get loaded back up ( Bonus boxes, ressouce stones, Palladium, NPC's etc). The Cargo boses of the Invoke and Mindfire are not a "always there" Item so they will just be deleted.

3. anduril

anduril User

That makes sense, thanks for your quick reply and answering my question :)

4. memrix

memrix User

may i ask why you didn't pick up the dropped items yesterday? why would you willingly leave them behind and risk them being lost ? i don't mean to critisize, i just seek to know why

5. nemesis1

nemesis1 User

if hes on a bl quest, u can pick so many up in a few minutes, so if he starts just after restart he can then collect all at the same time, that way he can start the mission just before he starts collecting

6. memrix

memrix User

aah that's smart, didn't even think about it like that

7. anduril

anduril User

Yes, happy to answer. My next BL mission is Organizing Chaos, which requires collecting 1,000 Rinusk in ten minutes. In the forum I was reading, not a BP forum, it mentioned that boxes dropped from Invokes to not despawn. So during my fly time on Sunday I killed about 10 or 11 Invokes. By my calculation you need about 17 of them to make it past the minimum Rinusk drop of 58 per, so I thought I'd log, get a few more Invokes done today then collect all the boxes. To my dismay, the boxes were gone this morning. So lesson learned, and perhaps this will help another pilot to not make my mistake :)

8. Mod-Rogue

Mod-Rogue User

Hello pilots

Thank you for helping the OP

Does the OP have any other question or may I close ?

Regards rogue

9. anduril

anduril User

close or even delete, as seems to be your preference for my posts

10. SirThrills

SirThrills Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Closing as requested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.