[GI] Unable to fire pvp

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by RaptorXXI, Dec 7, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaptorXXI

RaptorXXI User

Hi all,

I'm having a technical issue. I'm able to lock on enemy ships but I can't fire on them.

I'm in the pirate maps so I'm pretty sure there's no newbie protection happening. I've cleared my cache. My fire button (Ctrl) and missile fire (Spacebar) are both null. I can pop NPCs all day long, it's only pvp that doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

2. check your keyboard settings
    sometimes they reset

3. RaptorXXI

RaptorXXI User

Went into settings and reassigned the Laser and Rocket attack buttons to Ctrl and Spacebar. Still not able to attack pvp. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. what kind of droid formation do you use?
    Х ?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  5. I assume you're not on the PVE server?

_alien10_ likes this.
  6. RaptorXXI

RaptorXXI User

Currently the Chevron formation.

7. Might be too close to the base which is a demilitarized zone.

8. SirThrills

SirThrills Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Thanks for assisting the OP,

Hello @RaptorXXI ,

There could be a variety of reasons for why you are unable to, as mentioned above if you are on the PvE server, or in a Demilitarized Zone, then that could be why you were unable to

9. RaptorXXI

RaptorXXI User

Hi,

Well, I'm on the Global server where the game assigned me. I'm also working the Pirate maps so it should be open season. I'm using the Chevron formation.

When I go to attack the enemy ship flashes a red dome over itself. There's no message stating why there's protection.

I'm in the Pirate maps on the Global server.

Last edited by moderator: Dec 10, 2021
  10. Since you are on the Global server, which is the PVE server, you can't shoot PVP unless the person you are shooting at has a red light around them. You will find you are glowing red if you are shooting at other ships, which means you can be shot at for 24 hours unless you keep on after that time in which the time will restart. The Global server is mainly for PVE. Check the FAQ on the server. If you are looking to do PVP on a regular basis, you should really look at changing to another server. I personally think they are putting all new players on the Global server so they can learn how to play the game without blowing to bits the minute they step out into the x-2 map.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  11. EvilHotDog

EvilHotDog User

Thanks for helping the OP.

Does the OP have any further questions on this issue?

EHD

12. One more question for the OP.
    Are you able to do PVP on any other maps?
    If not, you will need to turn off your PVE chip-cpu.

13. jayherbo

jayherbo User

I can't find the PVE chip? where is it?

►в♠cε likes this.
  14. You cannot find it in your inventory. You can only see it ingame, in the CPUs tab (3rd square), next to the Rockets tab. It has no picture and is currently available on the Global server only. It is usually the last CPU, if you're looking for it.

Activating it will enable PvP mode, just a heads-up.

jayherbo likes this.
  15. jayherbo

jayherbo User

When is the PVE CPU coming to (GB1-2), getting fed up of not being able to do "normal quest" etc due to far too many afkers stopping "normal" gameplay. It's becoming a complete farce.

16. No official information on that. So far, it seems like never. You should consider putting this in Updates & Ideas, maybe it will gain more attention there.

jayherbo likes this.
  17. EvilHotDog

EvilHotDog User

Closing as OP is non responsive

EHD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.