[GI] upgrading fusion shield 3

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by KJFJustice, Jan 8, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KJFJustice

KJFJustice User

Will DO or someone confirm whether upgrading the Fusion Shield III will also increase the recharge bonus of 6.25%, or does it only increase the 8,000 shield strength?

2. The shields currently do not provide the 6.25% recharge bonus, and if you do upgrade it, it will only increase the 8,000 shield strength.
    ------------
    I recommend you stay away from the Fusion shields, the recharge bonus is completely unnecessary, as it does not provide a sufficient bonus, and the 8,000 shield is just too weak to the B02's 10,000 strength. Stick with B02s. Fill the rest with Fusions if you don't have enough.

3. Fuhrerdie

Fuhrerdie User

The Fusion Shields works this way:

1 shield: 4.25%
    2 shields: 4.50%
    3 shields: 4.75%
    4 shields: 5.00%

And so it goes. They provide 0.25% per shield, so you'll get a increase of shield generation of 1% every four fusion shields. I was going to use it because I'm sure that I read that they were to be 8.000 plus some kind of bonus per shield (up to 6.25%) and the 5 seconds recharge; they were suppose to start the recharge after five seconds, but they don't do that.

You should stay with the BO2. They have 4% regeneration and 2.000 more strength. The FS3 it works only if you have 20+ shields and if you have some kind of strategy or purpose to have so much regeneration.

•»Radiance«• likes this.
  4. KJFJustice

KJFJustice User

well that stinks. I've noticed that the regeneration with 14 FS3s is much faster than BO2s. I've already seen it help me in a fight. I got away with no shields, regened faster than the other guy and re-engaged before his shields were back. I was totally planning on upgrading them if the upgrade also increased the regen rate. I might just do it anyway and surprise people.

5. yep, the Fusion Shields 3 repair you faster. 20 of them in drones can repair your full shield strength in just 8 seconds.

6. FS3 shield regen bonus does not increase when upgraded.
    At the moment FS3 just gives 0.25% regen rate instead of what stated on its text of 6.25%.

Just to give you an idea about the shield regen rate with FS3 with Bo2.

[​IMG]

Note that the multipliers that I used in this calculations were the shield mechanics which is just level 4 (18%) , the seprom generator boost + 40% , and spectrum shield boost +10%. Also all shield were not upgraded.
    Also these shields were only put on ship's generator slot (goliath/15 slots) and will have different values when put on all drones (20 slots) with full hecules, max shield mechanics, and double shield booster, or even when put on a citadel with 20 generator slots.

Meanwhile.....

I also did another calculation with all FS3 on ships and drones but not that the drones and the shields are not upgraded nor I have any shield booster/regen boosters or hercules.
    It just include the max shield mechanics (25%), Spectrum shield bonus (10%), and seprom generator boost (40%).

[​IMG]

Also the regen rate will just be affected by the number of FS3 on your ships/drones and not by the shield power you have. Meaning the Surgeon with 16 gens will just have 7.7 (8 sec) regen same with any goli and the citadel with 20 gens will have 7.1 (7 sec ) regen which is just 1 sec less than a goli.

Any ship with shield but no FS3 will have a base 4% shield regen and regen time of 25 secs.

I have to check if a regen booster does increases the total regen % by 25% or only adds to the regen rate. I will update this after I test it out.

Update: I completed my testing and here is the result.

[​IMG]

Also Surgeon with regen booster is also around 6 seconds and citadel is at 5.71 (6 secs too).

If the Shield Regen booster 2 would to be calculated normally with regen booster 1. The calculation should be be that the goliath, surgeon, and citadel will just take 5 sec full shield regen. :)

Also Here is a Full FS3 vs Full Bo2 and a Difference Table

[​IMG]

Full Bo2 just mainly benefit from the larger shield power while Full FS3 benefits with quicker shield regen. Full FS3 is at best when used with fast ships such as Tartarus. Attack>Run>Regen>Attack XD

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  7. Deter

Deter Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hello KJFJustice,

Thank you all for assisting the user with their concern. We hope the feedback was helpful :) Small note, we'd be appreciative •»Radiance«• if you would allow us to use the Charts you have posted possibly in our FAQ's or as a reference and a special thanks will be noted.

We ask if you the Original Poster have any further questions/concerns or may we close?

8. Of course you can :)
    Though the calculator that I made was based from all the resources (ship stats/bonus/booster/bio) that I have and further multiplier such as hercs/drone formations/drone and shield upgrades are not included. An official shield calculator with all the possible involved multipliers might be the best to have :) Again I'm glad that I could give others a guide/reference of how things work. Thank you. :)

9. hushing

hushing User

Hello Deter,
    Of course this charts are lovely but the situation with FS3 is completely unacceptable.

It should be as it has been stated in Saimon Rebellion – FAQ
    "
    • The regeneration bonus applies to the amount of shield recovered per second after not taking damage for 5 seconds.
    • The bonus to the regeneration is additive, meaning that carrying two FS-03 shields will increase the amount of shield recovered by 2*6.25% = 12.5%.
    "
    After all this is what has to be the orginal purpose for releasing this new shields, to give the players other tool to use in the game.

So, could you please, please send this information to dev team to fix the problem as they have fixed the problem with Spectral lancer equipped in drones, although they didn't fix the problem with Spectral Lancer Lasers when they are equipped in PET.

Please for more information have look this treads
    http://www.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/board/threads/ti-current-bugs.115852/page-2#post-903657
    http://www.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/board/threads/scatter-laser-fusion-shields.116016/

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    •»Radiance«• likes this.
  10. Yep the actual time it takes for the shields (any shield) to regenerate after a battle is longer than the time stated/designed for the shields to regenerate.

11. KJFJustice

KJFJustice User

Thanks Radiance. great stuff.

•»Radiance«• likes this.
  12. Deter

Deter Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Closing as answered.

Take Care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.