NPC titles

Discussion in 'General Issues' started by sk.eic.r.easy[Halo], Aug 12, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. just picked up a title from an NPC. the rules for keeping it seem to have changed
    is there a link to an up-to-date FAQ for NPC titles
    steve

2. Kyro

Kyro User

I remember something about that as well, at least looking through forum this is what found - unless it actually did change again since August 30th last year and things weren't kept up to date(at least personally don't remember it changing twice though, nor able to find anything else at moment):

"Problem: Players stay on areas where they cannot be attacked to keep their title
    We did a small update for temporary titles to avoid that players stay on areas where they cannot be attacked to keep their titles:
    • Upon obtaining a temporary title, the player is first given a grace period of 48 hours to keep the title
      • During this period, you need to login at least once every 48 h
      • The 48 h period starts at the moment you obtain the title
    • In the next 48 h, there will be a daily condition that kicks in:
      • You need to complete at least 8 daily quests within the 48 h interval in order to continue keeping your title
      • At the end of the 48 h, if you completed at least 8 daily quests, the next 48 h interval repeats and you need to do the 8 daily quests again
    • There will be a server message when the title switches hands
    The rules above are some extra rules in addition to the existing ones that are the ones in the screenshot below:"

https://board-en.darkorbit.com/threads/august-sync.128678/#post-972642
    (from where above is from, can see image it refers to there which is from the Titles FAQ)

https://board-en.darkorbit.com//threads/titles-faq.882/
    (this one actually has been updated but just via a side mention/link: "Additional rules were added with a sync 30 August 2023. See this post for details." "this post" being a link to that August Sync post.)

3. i found another way to lose the NPC title...
    shoot one of those stupid underlings with a title :( :(
    steve

geranium-kiss likes this.
  4. Kyro

Kyro User

Yeah, will want to try avoid anything that could replace or remove these titles when have one lol. (since that seems to just be what can happen)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2024
  5. i think these titles are bugged :(
    held on to one for 5 days (13 hours) and then it just disappeared. nothing mentioned in log. i did every daily quest (except for 1 - kill 5 players in 4-5)
    the messages that were coming up mentioning title kept showing a random number of daily quests required
    steve