[TI] PVE mode auto turned off

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by JustMe3, Aug 12, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustMe3

JustMe3 User

So much for the Global PVE server.
    Arbitrarily turns the PVE mode off ( or sticks you into pvp mode - depends on how one looks at it).

There was no shooting at any other player and the chip was not turned off.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  3. I didn't even enter battle maps i shot the hitac in 2-3 lol no mines no emp why did i lose protection this is very stupid
    If I lost protection because some one else mined wth is that about fix this stupid-ness

4. JustMe3

JustMe3 User

How many servers do they have in Dark Orbit that were intended for PVP? Why is it so hard to keep PVP addicts and the PVP crud out of a server that was hailed as being PVE ?

Anyone who wants PVP can have an account on any of the other servers; PVE
    has one (1).

Might as well close this off as it will go into flame mode and the devs/owners will not address this issue at all.

TheRealHollow likes this.
  5. Funxy

Funxy User

Just encountered this bug as hitac appeared next to me. I was only shooting normal npc's when the hitac disabled my PvE mode and I got shot by players. There is no mention of Hitac doing this in PvE server FAQ.

If this is intended behaviour it should be removed as the hitac can spawn anywhere and randomly subject someone to PvP for 24 hours. This doesn't belong in a PvE server.

6. Veki

Veki User

I'd also add my voice that this "feature" of turning off PvP protection when Hitac NPC is in the same map as you is annoying and bad solution for this event.

There are better solutions for turning off PvP protection for players that want to shoot Hitac NPC :
    - remove PvP protection if you shoot Hitac (like it's for CBS)
    - remove PvP protection if you come close to Hitac (like cloak is removed)
    - remove Hitac from normal maps and restrict it to PvP maps (like Demaner)
    - make PvP protection come back if player moves to map where there is no Hitac

]Coldheart[ likes this.
  7. tonka-toy

tonka-toy User

getting fed up with jumping into x3 or x4 to find hitac which then removes protection 3 times since itas started getting fedup logging off for 24 hrs

TheRealHollow likes this.
  8. I ran into this also on the no-pvp map -- shot hitac and it disabled my pvp protection. I did not shoot another player or lay a mine.

9. SirThrills

SirThrills Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hello all, doing a little more research into this, can you verify this is what you're noticing on the PvE server:

- PvE mode is being force disabled outside of battle maps in regular maps (x-3, x-4)

Additionally if you could add the following info as well to help narrowing the scope of the issue:
    - Does this occur upon jumping into the same map as the Hitac, or only when you go near it?

10. can be both i jumped in map before and was good to go the next time i jumped hitac was half way across the map and I got unprotected.
    also another player mined me on same map as hitac and that sent me into pvp mode to...

exactly just wasting our event and not our fault

Last edited by moderator: Aug 18, 2021
  11. BF-109E

BF-109E User

it has happened twice in 1x3 map and once in 1x4 as soon as i jump into map with the hitac in it turns of protection, as you enter gate the hitac was at top of screen i was 3/4 of height of map away from it yet still lost protection i didnt fire at it just jumped thro gate

12. Veki

Veki User

It happened to me on 2-4 and 3-4. Both times I was on the other side of map when Hitac jumped in and I immediately lost PvP protection.

13. Would be good to have this fixed before we miss the whole event………….!!!!!!????

14. tonka-toy

tonka-toy User

right its done me twice today fed up gonna log out till bloody hitac is finished, stupid idea to lose protection when your not even shooting hitac ,see you in 10 days

15. JustMe3

JustMe3 User

-------------------------
    When in the 3-3 or 3-4 maps and Hitac comes into that map, PVE is auto-turned off. Need the 24 hrs wait time to see it revert (if on a map lower than 3-3).

16. SirThrills

SirThrills Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.