[SC] Bots and Cheats ... archive

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ASTRAEA, Jan 3, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree I cant understand how u can cheat get banned get unbanned and then get a compensation and us FAIR players get pooped on. This game is dying and people are tired of the cheaters. You still have botters in battle maps and the cheaters laughing in chat because they know they got away with cheating. What are u people doing?????? This is pathetic......

2. Deter

Deter Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hello,

Our service is to assist users in chat and forums. Everything else is in Supports hands.

We will say this once and we hope to not repeat ourselves again 2 pages later. We can NOT manually ban users for "suspected" botting. The scripts run by support must detect them as it is the only fair process for everyone. Not even the Moderator team gets notified of the scripts, we too are held accountable and it has happened recently. Luckily not on the EN team.

If you think we can go around and chase suspected bots like a rumor you all heard of back then regarding a past team member, the answer is no. This is not a fair process and can/eventually leads to legal issues.

3. As you say "The scripts run by support must detect them as it is the only fair process for everyone."

Well, they were run, on July 19 2018! The Cheaters were banned, but all of a sudden 2 days ago, there was a so called 'flaw' in 1 of the 2 scripts, and their were Accounts reactivated. That this Form Post has been showing you that the Fair Players are outraged at this decision and demand that Support Re-Run their Scripts and See just what happens then. Do this in a quick and timely manner Dark Orbit. I think most of the people here want to see.

To come up with a Fair Play Initiative that Fails and upsets the community is a let down that can only be Fixed by a re-run of the scripts, Promptly!

4. Again I feel Blown off once more. I understand you assist people in the Forums and who does what. I hope you Understand this discussion is simply players voicing there opinions to each other and all of us can only hope that the right ear's will hear and help us to have more confidence in this game. It may seem like we are a angry mob and want to set fire to flags but we are just trying to talk thing out with each other in hope's thing's will change so we can have fun and fair game play. We hope any mod's who happen to look will pass our feeling on to the power's that be.

If you look time and time again the same points have been brought up.

1. All your departments need to communicate your players Feeling on game issues and act on them.

2. The script's don't work and seem as you all say to be unreliable or there can be loop hole's people can use to get around a ban.

3. There is no reason why The mod team can not watch the servers more closer or use good info to catch cheaters

4. As for any legal issues you all make the terms and conditions just change them as you always do and as always when you change them make people agree to the new terms before letting them log in

So with no offence to you Deter you points are meaningless

5. BAD#MAN

BAD#MAN User

DO needs to have the scripts written by a 3rd party. We all know DO cannot get anything right, and when they do they reverse it. And all the exploits that could only be discovered with some inside information from DO employees. Getting rid of the cheats would go a long way to getting players back and retaining newer players. Just because the majority of the cheaters also spend $ to chase rank doesnt make it ok for them to use their 3rd party software and use their clan mates from other company to push ship kills. DO knows who many of these players are as they have been caught multiple times yet DO allows them to continue cheating and even rewarded several of them this past week.

IRON-THRONE and thechurchofbob like this.
  6. flaw my a... if i can look at the logs of said players and see the playing 20 hrs in game and there rate of npcs killed its a no brainer dont need a so called script .... and this is why im giveing up after 9 yrs playing cant see me giveing DO any more money for letting this go on for soo long they had the right ones band on my server and now there back and makeing me sick

7. obviously this is getting pointless.

de·ter
    dəˈtər/
    verb
    1. discourage (someone) from doing something, typically by instilling doubt or fear of the consequences.
      synonyms:discourage, dissuade, put off, scare off; More
      • prevent the occurrence of.
    How fitting a Name! what do you think? or is it a coincidence?

I thought the point of this discussion and the other Forums, Discord, or even contacting support were to keep players involved and informed as well has help solve any issues. Why not get your players idea's, if they are players that are paying or not keep them Happy so your game and company could thrive not a merge after merge since you players don't want to be involved with a company that dismisses them. Not to deter people from speaking or talking on a issue Am I wrong? To have you know we all like this game we just want these valid issues to be taking care of and assurance that this company will do what they can.

Quoted above is the start of this thread. At the start of this thread it seemed that you all cared but now it seem's with all the deterrence when people discuss this issue people are loosing faith in this company and its staff. It was said at the beginning of this thread that you wanted to hear what we had to say and that it would be passed on and implied you would work with the community on the issues at hand. Please hear our plea above is the type of things we wish to see. Hear our issues on this subject and help to correct the issues at hand in this thread and others and definitely do not dismiss them or deter us from voicing how we feel.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    BAD#MAN likes this.
  8. AVIT

AVIT User

ADMIN -Players are Furious at you and understandably why, Dont you get it?
    Fair play initiative announcement
    if you are gonna announce anything like that you should always stick to your guns because you just look like fools now with no leader .

Do you not realize how let down players are feeling now ?. more and more are saying im going to quit because of your foolhardiness .

Admin you crack me up sometimes .Server players count are down ,so merges is your answer and then you do something like this lol to dwindle the fair players population even more . What the hell is wrong with you ?

IF you wanna be fair and transparent , at the very most you could do is explain to us what detection system was unreliable you found out not to be reliable (why didnt you test beforehand).

My question on that is what did you think they had done ? you havnt been transparent on that and told us
    so what did they do ????

I want to know what you thought they did ,why should that be a problem for you to tell us ?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    BAD#MAN and thechurchofbob like this.
  9. Some players think the merge is going to save the game/ re-populate it. * Incorrect * There are very, very, very little new players coming now days and for a long time, and if a new player starts 97 % of them quit with in the first day to 3 days in.
    So when your merge comes its going to be the same type of players that have stuck it out ( The honest players ) and the one's who use Bot's , and then those who caused the servers to go dead.

After the merge we may go from having 25-75 players online to 50-150 players online, THEN after some of them see no real changes took place with the merge to solve the problem's that caused the server's to go dead in the first place they will FLAT out quit, so deduct 20-30 players, then a few will play for a month or two and see nothing is going to be enforced/changed so they will quit, so deduct another 15-20 players..... You can see where this is going! You will still have a few new players start the game but with the same result as above " They will quit with - in a few days.

The only one's who will stay are the one's who use the Bot's and cheat's and we all know they have a free pass to do as they please and some get rewarded for it.

10. OILDAILY

OILDAILY User

zynapp you got mod ship?

AVIT and ZÿИΛPS™ like this.
  11. [SC] Bots and Cheats ... archive

I refer to the post above, im sorry Solid Eye, but the botters have won, and it now clear for all to see!

Dark

Well well well DO, what have you done?

You know i honestly didnt think DO could stoop any lower then on Thursday i was proved wrong.

Only DO could can get it so wrong and incense, infuriate and insult its playing base. I must admit i got caught up in all the hype and honestly thought that DO were actually finally going to do something regarding the botters, BUT for DO to ban and then un-ban the botters and give them compensation, is just unbelievable!

I just dont understand why you would possibly go to the effort of banning players if you weren't going to carry it through, you have completly incensed your playing community and god knows how people are going to reduce there spending after Thursday
    farcical actions.

You know i have always said botters are like cancer, if you let them spread they will ultimately be the death if you. To survive you have to cut them out regardless of the short-term pain that will mean. But i see now its so far spread through-out the game and that DO dont have the resolve to take the action necessary, that unfortunately i really dont see any future for this game, it will continue to deteriorate like it has for the last 8 years.

After Thursdays actions i honestly dont know what to think now!

Last edited by moderator: Jul 28, 2018
  12. AVIT

AVIT User

Are dark orbit staff going for the most ridiculous game award for incompetence ?

Please listen to the community here

13. you should play gb1 plenty cheats there and you can see the locking skills a mile off bout time support pulled finger out of back side and got rid of them ,still npc botters too.fair play have they any idea what that is yet another 2 years same honest players put up with it.dont loyalty mean anything any more.fix game pls som1

14. they just banned a load of em, then gave them the accounts back with a package for disruption, jeez every event they put on the cheats get all the good stuff, now there giving them compensation for cheating,
    this game is getting really pathetic, the only thing that works are the bots,
    downloadable client would get rid of them overnight, but what do the developers do, they give us some nice new pretty ships.
    the bots rule this game, and DO knows it. and prefers to stand back and do sod all.

15. Bakjam

Bakjam User

What's all this hostility against bots? Free kills right? Just use a Spearhead with Recon and Ultimate Cloaking and you can easily blow them out of the sky.

16. So it's been a few months since I asked the first time about where in the T & C/ rules does it say Bot's have to be detected by a script/ system. ( Maybe I am just looking in the wrong place for the wording)

I am not a lawyer but I have a family member that does corporate law so I asked her to look through to see if she can find it. I read it several times but alot is just bla-bla to me so a fresh set of eye's is good.

17. AVIT

AVIT User

T&C are always long winded blah blah .i bet you anything all there mods.admins and support have a simplified version that actually are the key points in one paragraph

18. DRAZI

DRAZI User

Well, DO,

I was on last night in the uppers and lowers and I popped the same people Alien botting over and over. New thing they got going with the Spectrums running to the gate with no prevail.

When Are you guys gonna Run those Destection Scan?

19. Detection* DRAZI haha and I agree

IRON-THRONE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.