Stuck in ZETA

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by bisphenol, Jul 17, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. bisphenol

bisphenol User

After jumping to ZETA few minutes ago, the jump took a long time (and I knew it's a bad sign).

When the first wave of Infernals started, my ship, PET and Infernals were moving for few seconds then stood still, and so on repeatedly - my ship and enemies would fire for 2 or 3 seconds then stop... and so on until last Infernal remained in the corner. But then my PET got completely unresponsive and my ship stopped shooting. All I could see was Infernal regaining shield.

At that moment I closed the game window after about 5 minutes. After dozen attempts, I got into the game again, killed the last Infernal and tried to jump out of the gate. But the jump never finished (just like in the problem I described few days ago for the map-to-map jump)!

Very ironic, I just used HICKUP and HASSLE vouchers that were given for the problems like this.

Now, I would like to know what is the procedure to get out of that gate and have ship on my home map to resume playing normally, if that's even possible any more.

SERVER: GE 1
    UID: 89610181

Thanks in advance.

2. DoloresIX

DoloresIX User

Hello bisphenol,

I am sorry to hear that you've had trouble with your gate.

Normally when you are stuck, the game will automatically remove you after a period of 5 minutes, though I sometimes hear that this isn't always the case. If you believe you are stuck, I would recommend the following steps, in order until resolved.

1. Waiting 5 mins to see if you get removed automatically.
    2. Logging out and back in.
    3. Attempting to switch to another ship in the hangar, and then warping to the ship that was stuck.
    4. Contacting support to have them move your stuck ship out of the gate.

Normally a server restart will solve this issue, and as there has been a restart since you posted I can only assume that your ship is now free. If that is not the case, however, then please follow the steps listed above.

Warmly,

DoloresIX

3. bisphenol

bisphenol User

Hello,

Going by the steps what (didn't) work:
    1. I waited for more than 90 minutes without any change.
    2. Trying to log in resulted in "connecting to server... please wait" that timed out and gave two options: "new connection" and "logout". Of course, there was no point in establishing new connection as everything was repeated again.
    3. Switching to another ship is impossible when the ship is stuck in gate or portal jump and results with exclamation mark message saying along the lines "the ship can only be switched at the base, your ship is currently not at the base".
    4. Fortunately not needed.
    What I did is open connection in incognito window, and managed to get into the gate on 3rd attempt. Killed the last Infernal and two exits appeared, I tried jumping to my base but the jump got stuck and ship again locked (no ship switch possible/allowed). Then after some more 20 minutes of retrying, I finally loaded the game with the ship on my home map, but the game was extremely (and I really mean it) slow.
    So I just logged off, not trying anything further as it could only make things much worse.
    And in the process, I missed the double award for the gate...

Just to resume, points 1, 2 and 3 were not working - found my ship in Zeta, impossible to reconnect, impossible to switch ships. The situation was quite similar to my earlier post except that this problem involved a gate instead of port jump.
    I'm not sure how much incognito mode was helpful, so I am more inclined to the possibility that, in multiple attempts, I just caught server when it was ready to accept my connection and resolved the issue. The "fail-safe" thing like removing the ship from gate obviously doesn't work, at least not on heavy lag (changing ammo took 5-10 seconds).

Anyway, I would like to know how to avoid such situations, as this experience is very frustrating. How can I know this will not happen if I jump to Zeta in the next 10 seconds or an hour or another day? Surely I would like to avoid such hassle.

Thanks in advance.

4. DoloresIX

DoloresIX User

Hello once again bisphenol,

Unfortunately I do not think much can be done to avoid situations like these. It's no secret the the game has been suffering from degraded performance for the last little while, and it seems to be random who will be affected by issues stemming from it.

I can only apologise for the bad experience, and can only recommend that if you do encounter a similar issue that you follow the steps above. The dev team are working on resolving the performance issues and hopefully they will come to a resolution shortly.

Kind regards,

DoloresIX

5. bisphenol

bisphenol User

Hello DoloresIX,

Thanks for the honest answer.

Today I found the game pretty much unresponsive again, probably due to Plutus event and Kronos gate event. None of the steps fixed it.
    Tomorrow is supposed to be GG double rewards day, so it's reasonable to expect yet another unplayable day. However, I am playing this game for more than 8 years and can clearly see how it deteriorates. Relatively recently, I finished Zeta on x2 rewards day several times in a row without any lag, but nowadays it seems virtually impossible. That's a very sad current state of the game... unfortunately.

Sincerely,
    bisphenol

6. Blakedb

Blakedb User

Totally agree with all your comments - I have never posted on here but the recent lag issues is making the do I play on or do I pack up very easy - DO no point in giving out small bonuses. The game needs to work!

Blake