[TI] Firefox: Context3D not available

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Silviu, Jun 14, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Silviu

Silviu User

So,

Today i've logged into the game, wanted to play, logged in, loaded the spacemap pressed "Start" and i was presented with this:

"Context3D not available! Possible reasons: wrong wmode or missing device support."

I've done a bit of reasearch, reverted back to Flash 18 from 21, it worked for a couple hours, then again the same problem, switched back to Flash 21 still i'm getting the same message.

Checked the wmode in the page source, it's set as direct as it should.

I'll revert back to Flash 18, maybe it will fix it, but it's just temporary.
    Running Firefox 47 here, i'll try reverting Firefox to see if that solves it with Flash 21.

PS: No comments with switch to Chrome or Comodo or Edge or nothing. Firefox has twice as better performance than those for me. Unless you have clear technical directions or advices for a permanent fix please keep back.

LE: Firefox 46.0 Works fine with Flash Player 21, it's seems it's Firefox 47's fault, maybe they are starting the process of dropping support for NPAPI plugins??? Flash should still work as it was stated to be the only exception due to it being used widely across the internet. Maybe it's time for DO to go to WebGL? :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  2. Yeah, I am finding that updates to browsers are playing havok with my activities as of late. Firefox was once my browser of choice but it don't work for me on this game worth anything. I am glad you seem to have found a solution. :)

3. Silviu

Silviu User

Yeah, but reverting to older versions is always a messy way to solve problems, cause security issues arise in time in each version, so a fix for using latest Firefox with the latest Flash would be desirable.

4. Twotam1

Twotam1 User

Experiencing the same thing. Works fine with IE. I think I'll wait for fix before going back to older Firefox. As mentioned, going back can cause its own issues. Hopefully they will have a fix soon.

See you in the world.

5. True, if only fixes and new features came separately.

6. SirThrills

SirThrills Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

@Silviu ,

Sounds like a browser update messing with NPAPI. Unfortunately you probably won't see a fix, seeing as a little google-fu revealed that it's becoming more prevalent problem, but as for a solution it seems to be vary from person to person.

Checklist for you:
    1. Clear your flash cache, (and normal cache).
    2. Update graphics drivers (unless on intel/amd integrated).
    3. If 1+2 don't work:

Operating System:
    Graphics Card:
    Graphics Driver Version (if dedicated card):
    Browser: Firefox 47.0 x84_64 (Stable) ?
    Browser Flash Version: