[UI] Upgrading the Cubikon

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Λℓмоѕт•Fαмоυѕ, Feb 4, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm probably not the first one to think or suggest this, but I haven't seen it lately so I think it's worth mentioning just in case it hasn't been already.

Yes, the Cubikon is really not that powerful anymore. Any uber elite can take it with any ammo in a short amount of time by them self. It was once seen as this powerful "uber" boss of the upper maps, now it's just a joke and seen as a quick farming tool where people can hog maps and not allow any smaller ships onto it due to this alien being so easy to gain uridium with.

Personally cubing is one of my last ways to gain uridium but not everyone sees it like that. I really think this alien needs a huge HP, damage and shield buff to compensate the fact it gives 1,000 uridium. I think if it's done in a group you could increase the uridium but solo definitely not.

2. batata

batata User

Sooooo, because overpowered ufes can 2 shoot cubikon they should make it reward junk in terms of uri/life? Normal alien rewards are a complete joke already and now you sujest that they should nerf the one that barely pays anything worth? I hope i am getting this wrong. Also do you think 1k uri is decent reward for what is suposed to be a godmode_on alien? 1k uri is nothing compared with the freaking 20M required to be ufe. I think instead of screwing free players even more, and furder incentivate the use of bots, they should add aliens with bigger rewards and better uri/life relation, not the oposite.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  3. Upgrading it won't solve the problem. The Ufe would shoot longer and still kill everyone near the Cube.

We need an overall upgrade for every Uri sources. It's just painful.

4. The Cubikon was always supposed to be a GROUP thing for the NON-FE player and the really Elite were able to solo them. With the creation of the UFE they did not think it through properly and created a Black Hole in the Universe. This Black Hole is sucking the populations out of the Universe causing the creators to reduce the limits of the Universe trying to reverse the effects of this Black Hole.

They created the Daily Bonus Calendar which now Guarantees every player can get the Prize in 3 years of just signing in to the Universe, but we all know that once that is easily accomplished there will be another level added (EXTREME Full Elite) which if they lock you, you will die without even one shot being fired, causing a complete tear in the Universe instead of just the floating Black Hole we have now.

So do the NPC's need to be reworked? NO the NEW players still need to be able to benefit from them.

Do we need to create NPC's for the UFE to FARM? NO most of them FARM in Gates so they can HUNT weak players in the Maps.

So as to not step on toes further I will take my further thoughts to a NEW thread.

5. OILDAILY

OILDAILY User

y not have cubes on random maps they just pop up like iceys and in x6 maps uber cubes that needs a outfit to do it ? just a thought

6. A little twist for you, Uber Cubes Spawn in 4-X maps and X-6 maps continue as is with a re-Spawn rate change, 120 seconds after destruction it has returned, currently one UFE can pop all 4 and have to wait for the first to re-spawn.

7. I don't think uber cubes are needed. Just make the health and shield more with the same reward, so it discourages UFEs from soloing it but keeps the group spirit. Also they could just increase the amount it gives if two or more are shooting it, which would really be great. It would balance the game so much more and make it so new players can get loads of uridium when getting help with the cubikon.

This suggestion isn't about hunting new players or anything like that. It's simply that with the introduction of the Uber Elite, Cubikons are a joke and need to be either reworked or removed. Their current state just isn't fit for the game anymore, they're too weak and people just farm them.

8. You had people farming them before the UFE came out. On US2 in VRU Chat we would get a warning when GeneralCave was having a bad day to leave HIS Cube alone or suffer death, he did not do as the UFE's and take all 4 he just had the one that he claimed his own.

The re-work that needs to be done is an attitude check of the players as they seem to think they are entitled to the NPC's of the game/events, when they are actually there for everyone. I would agree that the Spawn rate needs adjusted for the quicker killing of them.

To prevent the individual from collecting the full Uridium reward for soloing it I might add a Cap (say 50%) as to how much of the reward a single player can receive from the Cubikon forcing it to be seen as a group NPC, instead of solo, like it used to be. Many people find Farming BK's much more profitable than Cube's so next you will want to change them.

9. batata

batata User

Nerfing the cube uri/life or halfing it's reward if not in a group will result in this: ufes wont care as they have infinite x4 (so uri/life doesn't matter), while free players will be screwed again or they will just mcc the cube (like they do now), while free players will be screwed again.
    Yes they need to add uber cubes or whatever and at least triple the current uri/life. That way both, free and ufes will have something apropriate to farm. Moreover with the server crash, we will need alot more and better paying aliens. I realy can't see the logic behind nerfing the already low uri income of free players just because cubikon is being desrespected by ufes -.-

10. Deter

Deter Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hiya,

Due to the inactivity of this idea it will be close, archived and listed on the Update&Idea Pool index.

Closing as inactive, archived and set to Index.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.