[GI] Client Download

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by JediThorson, Jun 11, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just a quick heads up to all, especially the devs.

Just tried to download the new client, and my system (windows 10), or my anti virus (Norton 360) blocked the download, saying it was harmful to my system.

So, i'd say some more work needs doing before its ready. That or as its so new, its simply nor recognised as safe yet.

checked the FAQ and, none of the things there came up, at least not at download. It simply asked to save the file on my system. Then warned the file is dangerous and asked to delete.

мα¢88υ.к likes this.
  2. no problem here at all, win 10 + avast security

3. -MADBALL-

-MADBALL- User

Hi. Is it possible to download it on Mac?

4. Pretty sure the notice said it was windows 10 only for now.... Most likely after beta test, there will be a mac version out there.

5. So, update.

According to Windows smart screen defender. The app, is not commonly downloaded, and not been signed by the developer. As such it thinks its dangerous and constantly wants to delete it.

So, defiantly work to do. I won't download and install until my system says its safe. If that means I can't play the game, so be it.

DarkMarsGR likes this.
  6. EGGLOAF

EGGLOAF User

Yeah I got the same thing. You can just click "details" and then "run anyway"

7. souleater1

souleater1 User

I'm running windows 10 got the same warning as they did but choose to open anyway ran my third party Webroot it found no problems with software, but did notice since I've downloaded it, that when I try to go on they regular Do it runs way so to get to the initial screen and to get to client, but if I do the download it's rather quick and I don't have the same kind of problems I had before with the flash player.also the display seems to cleaner less grainy, clear

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  8. -ЩarΛnt-

-ЩarΛnt- User

Just don't install Beta software unless you've got a backup of everything, and you're able to reinstall your Operating System.

9. PFL_PFL

PFL_PFL User

I also had the same problem.

I did not install the application till its fixed.

10. Mod-Rogue

Mod-Rogue User

Hello Pilots

If you got any issue or install problems, please post it in the Feedback thread : https://board-en.darkorbit.com/thre...est-server-feedback.125928/page-2#post-957396

Remember this is just a Beta Version that need improvement, and the Dev team can only fix it with your Feedback :)

I must be honest with you, I am not the strongest in IT when we talk about install problems and Error files, Try our support I know we have some IT nerd's there ;)

Regards Rogue

11. AVIT

AVIT User

is this going to be a download client or is the download just for the testing purposes?

12. Hi Rouge,

I've posted on the link you gave about this, as have others, so, it hopefully will get seen and dealt with.

Mod-Rogue likes this.
  13. Once the bugs are fixed, probably the first. I think.

14. AVIT

AVIT User

you mean no download will be required when fully tested? so still will be a browser game .

15. Yes they have said Darkorbit will forever be a browser game

16. thats [REMOVED] mate... they said several times this client they are releasing now is a temporary solution (to prevent the game to shutdown) when FlashPlayer will chase to exist. They already are working on a Unity client (they did it for Farmerama) so yeah, DO will not be a browser game when the final client in UNITY will be released.

https://board-en.darkorbit.com/threads/dark-orbit-to-unity.125098/

if u dont know what unity is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_(game_engine)

Last edited by moderator: Jun 15, 2020
  17. AVIT

AVIT User

but Unity is browser isnt it ? you dont have to download games on unity .farmarama you do not have to download ,i have checked this afternoon .

IM disappointed anyway if it will be a browser game ,,the bots will soon be on it .

18. AVIT

AVIT User

can the people who have downloaded ,see the people online who have not and vice versa?
    if they can ,how is that possible when one is flash and the other is unity ?

cm rougue can you answer please ,, will people have to download the full version ??..if they do not have to ,this is not a download client is it .

19. Mod-Rogue

Mod-Rogue User

20. So, another update.

Just downloaded the app, this time came through fine, nothing about unsigned or dangerous. So, I'm going to give it a try, see what happens.

Mod-Rogue likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.