[SC] Will anyone please update us on the Flash situation.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -zombiedude-, Dec 29, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Tags:
  1. As stated will this be my last gate of DO forever or will there be a solution.
    Can we have some real input into this please?

2. Flash has another year before it goes out. Also, they have a download already that they are just holding off on until then.

3. Information is already out if you would just bother to search it up; this question has been answered many times.

Bigpoint has a secondary Flash enabled browser available and ready to go once Flash is officially unsupported. So the next time we launch Darkorbit (December 2020), we will be able to download said browser to access the space map.

4. They have a well tested alternative with the tool the main clans are running now. I have heard them all say that when I have problems with chrome, opera and firefox that the browser included with the popular bot/battle tool is never crashing or having issues.

So far when I have been in new events the special folks have an update in less than 4 hours while we are begging for information from forums and support.

5. Then why when i asked a
    We shall see as I asked a SMOD today and they did not have a total answer ;)

6. One should remember that a SMOD or a MOD in general is to moderate chat in game and forums. The job of the future of the game belongs to the developers and coders.

7. Darkorbit already has a custom browser with a Flash player installed, I wouldn't put much faith in this because Adobe Flash will no longer do security updates so it will be unsecure and leave you vulnerable to attacks.

Basically the game will remain the exact same as it is but you will just launch from a browser you download from Bigpoint.

Count me out.

--

The only thing changing after 12/31/2019 is that Google Chrome will no longer have adobe flash player as an option on their browser so you must download a new one or download Adobe Flash Player from Adobe's website directly.

--

EDIT: Here is a wonderful forum post that explains it all : https://board-en.darkorbit.com/threads/sc-what-about-the-demise-of-flash-player.124332/#post-948887

8. December 2020, not 2019